Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Downloaded App, it doesn't show up.

This is a discussion on Downloaded App, it doesn't show up. within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi All, I downloaded the Study Blue App from Amazon.com. I tried looking in the Apps folder, in th elist of Apps under the Apps ...

Member #

Unhappy Downloaded App, it doesn't show up.

Hi All,

I downloaded the Study Blue App from Amazon.com. I tried looking in the Apps folder, in th elist of Apps under the Apps tab, as well as on the desktop, nada. I'm not sure what to do from this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Member #
    I had a similar problem when I bought the app on my computer and then it didn't show up on my Kindle Fire HD even though it said I already had the app. Help from the Kindle folks as follows:

As an initial troubleshooting, please follow the below steps which may clear any intermittent problems you are experiencing:

1. Make sure you're connected to strong Wi-Fi connection. From the Home screen, pull down the Menu (top to bottom on your screen) and tap "More." Tap "Applications" and select "Sync Amazon Content." Please wait for 5-10 minutes so that Kindle Fire syncs.

2. From Kindle Fire HD Home screen pull down the Menu, More, and then Applications. Choose the option to Filter by All Applications. Select Appstore and then "Force stop."

3. Clear the App data. Tap Quick Settings icon, More, Applications, Installed Applications. Choose the option to Filter by All Applications. Select the App and then "Clear cache."

4. Restart Kindle Fire HD by pressing and holding the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart the Kindle Fire HD.

If the problem still persists, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the application:

1. Pull down the Menu > More > Applications > Filter by "all applications". If app is listed in "Applications" sections, uninstall and reinstall the application. Otherwise, proceed to next step. To uninstall the app, tap "Apps" from the Kindle Fire HD Home screen. Tap "Device," long-press (press and hold) the app and select "Remove from Device," then tap "OK" to confirm.

2. Restart Kindle Fire HD by pressing and holding the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart the Kindle Fire HD.

3. Try to download the app : To download the app, with strong Wi-Fi connected, tap "Apps" from your Kindle Fire home screen and select "Cloud." Long-Press (press and hold) the app you'd like to download and select "install."

Hope one of these sections helps you.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links