Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Go launcher downloaded but not showing?

This is a discussion on Go launcher downloaded but not showing? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I don't think go launcher ex and the new kindle fire hd are compatible......you can download the .apk file and when it installs it says ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Member #
    I don't think go launcher ex and the new kindle fire hd are compatible......you can download the .apk file and when it installs it says Go Launcher Security......hmmmm. Even still it won't execute and I have been trying...Amazon do something to new kindle to prevent 3rd party launchers to work?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Re: Go launcher downloaded but not showing?

http://www.kindle-fireforum.com/foru...ad.php?p=12359
    The op states ADW is working on theirs.
    When I first got my Galaxy Tab Go didn't work,ADW did and a few Go updates later it included the Tab so perhaps Go will work in the future.
    Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 12-23-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Member #
    Hi, im posting to this thread to let you know i am having the same issue. I just got the kindle fire 2? its the newest one that came out around christmas and was a popular gift. I have downloaded go launchers ex and hd and they install fine, but after installing the 'open' button is greyed out while the 'done' button is pressable. Go launchers does not show up on the carousel or under apps. It dose show up under setting, applications, but there is no way to launch the program. There doesnt seem to be any updates for the kindle yet and i doubt current rooting teks will work on this version of the kindle. Too would like to see a fix to this and possible a way to install ubuntu on here if possible. Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I am pretty sure that go launcher does not work on the newer Fires's. Do you have the original or one of the newer ones. Dont know why; but I have seen this posted on a couple of other forums. I have also read where they are working on it to get it compatable with the newer fires.

With all the different Android devices out there I can see wherethere is some compatability issues. Somehow I don't think that will ever go away. fdalbor

Member #

same problem

Hello,
    I am having the same problem as I am also trying to change the interface of the Kindle Fire - 2nd one. I've tried everything to download Go Launcher EX, but the open button is grayed out whenever I install it. I also have contacted Amazon about this problem and hopefully they will sort it out.
    I will get back to you you as soon as they reply.

Member #
    I have found that you have to be rooted before Go will work. Tried it w/o root on 7" 1st gen and on 8.9 hd and never could get it to work. Rooted both devices and it works flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_bham View Post
    ive just done a factory reset redownloaded 1mobile and downloaded go launcher.

installed go launcher and it said install complete but the open button was greyed out

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links