Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Little lines in a grey box

This is a discussion on Little lines in a grey box within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I just had my Fire gen 2 replaced by Amazon for some device problems. During the same conversation where we chatted about these problems, I ...

Member #

Little lines in a grey box

I just had my Fire gen 2 replaced by Amazon for some device problems. During the same conversation where we chatted about these problems, I brought up the white lines that tell me where the Fire menu is. I told them I'd like to turn it off. It's an annoying distraction. It aggravates me to see art marred by these white lines. I was told that they shouldn't be there and that a new Fire would fix that too. It didn't. There are 1 or 2 lines on the screen reminding me that the menu is on right for landscape or bottom for portrait. Even if I had just suffered a stroke with accompanying amnesia, it would take me less than 30 seconds to figure out where the menus are without those intrusive white lines. Imagine looking at a beautiful comic in comiXology and seeing that artwork defaced. This time, it's not someone's little brother, It's Amazon doing the scribbling.

I was just told by chat help to do a factory reset. I’m not looking forward to setting up a Fire for the 4th time (1st Fire was gen1).

Some in an Amazon thread told me they’re not bothered by the lines so I shouldn’t be. 2 hadn’t noticed them until I brought it to their attention. 1 said there are not lines.

Is anyone here seeing these little lines in a grey box? Is this issue resolvable, or is Amazon giving me the runaround?

Thanks for your help.

Member #
    I've confirmed that all gen 2 have the lines. This means Amazon is jerking me around. I'm also told by users that I need to stop complaining and take what Amazon gives me or go buy a Nexus. Some of my apps won't work, but it might be a good idea to get a Nexus instead. I am exhausted from dealing with Amazon tech and Fire fans.

BTW, have you noticed that people who make free programs give great support, while commercial devs tend to be out to lunch?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links