Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tip: Having trouble with Gmail?

This is a discussion on Tip: Having trouble with Gmail? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I couldn't get my gmail account to work with my Kindle Fire. I have Google's 2-step verification turned on, but even using an application specific ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HockeyMom

Thread: Tip: Having trouble with Gmail?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Tip: Having trouble with Gmail?

I couldn't get my gmail account to work with my Kindle Fire. I have Google's 2-step verification turned on, but even using an application specific password it wouldn't work. So I turned 2-step off. It still wouldn't work! Amazon had Enhanced Email free in the Appstore today, so I decided to give that a try. Still wouldn't work, but it gave me an error message that told me exactly what the problem was. I did not have IMAP enabled for my gmail account. Duh. I had totally forgotten that setting even existed. I enabled IMAP and what do you know, gmail now works on my Fire. I turned 2-step back on, and using an application specific password, it still works.

So, if you are having trouble getting your gmail to work on the Fire, enable IMAP in your gmail settings!!
    Last edited by HockeyMom; 11-17-2011 at 08:40 AM.
    srvvlhm likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Thank you for the tip. I'm sure it'll be very useful for others with similar issues

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links