Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

book transfer question

This is a discussion on book transfer question within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I'm using my son's Coby Kyros Tablet which I paid for and downloaded a book using the Aldiko E-Book app. I am getting a Kindle ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

book transfer question

I'm using my son's Coby Kyros Tablet which I paid for and downloaded a book using the Aldiko E-Book app. I am getting a Kindle Fire tomorrow and my question is, can I transfer the book from the Coby to the Kindle Fire? or download Aldiko E-Book app. to the Kindle Fire and still be able to access my book?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say the book you have is in PDF. The Kindle app on the Fire reads PDf "documents" ( books as well) so you should be able to use it to read without a lot of hassle. Ive read the Hunger Games trilogy, PDF format, on my Fire.
    There is an alternative method to get the actual Aldiko app from 1market. You'll need to get a file explorer app from Amazon app store for free (ES File Explorer is a forum favorite) then go to to 1mobile website and download their app to your Fire. On your Fire tap the little gear icon on the upper right screen, tap more, scroll down to device, tap it, scroll down to Allow Installations of applications,tap it, tap ok since 1mobile is a very well known to be safe app.
    You will then need the file explorer app to install the app from 1mobile. Open the file explorer you get, go to downloads folder, look for 1mobile, tap it, it'll give an option to install, voila you're done and can use the 1mobile market just like the Android or Amazon markets.
    It may sound overwhelming at first but it really isn't and by adding 1mobile app you've enabled yourself to get a lot of free apps not available on the Amazon market.
    Post back if you've got questions

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    sent from this Galaxy
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 08-31-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Member #
    Thank you...and I also found this: How To Install Aldiko on Kindle Fire eBook Reader Software
    so, I guess either way will work then? but the way you sound it would be a good thing to put the 1mobile app on the kindle?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaof2 View Post
    Thank you...and I also found this: How To Install Aldiko on Kindle Fire eBook Reader Software
    so, I guess either way will work then? but the way you sound it would be a good thing to put the 1mobile app on the kindle?
    Yes 1mobile is a great addition because it carries apps that Amazon doesn't that can really enhance the Fire beyond a book reader with built in browser.
    I use mine for a pda, video player, photo repository, game player as well as book reader .

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From my Beano

Member #
    ok so after I do this will my book be there or do I have to do something else to transfer it over? sorry for all the questions

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    ok so after I do this will my book be there or do I have to do something else to transfer it over? sorry for all the questions
    You'll still have to transfer it. I'm not sure the method with the app you'll be using. I'm only familiar with Amazon. Sorry.
    It's an honor to be able to answer your questions, hopefully someone with more experience with non Kindle readers will be able to help on the sync of your book.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From my Beano

Member #
    Yes, you'll still have to transfer the file to the fire. There are two or three ways you can do this.

1. Mail the file to the email account you set up on the fire. The file will be downloaded to your "download" folder and you can use a file manager to find it and move it to where you want it so it will show up in you ebook app.

2. Copy it over to the fire with a miniUSB cable. The fire doesn't come with one, but if you have a smart phone, you probably have one already. You'll want to put the book in the "documents" folder if you want to read it with the default Kindle app. Also, it won't show up under your books of documents folder after you restart the fire.

3. If it is a file type that is supported by the default reader, you can email it to the kindle fire email address that comes with your KF and it will just pop up under documents the next time you go in line via the KF wifi. Your KF email address will be youramazonusername@kindle.com.

Member #
    oh man, I thought this would be easier. I thought as soon as I put that reader app on my KF the book would just appear there..lol

Member #
    oh and I just remembered that even tho I used the Aldiko app on my son's Coby Tablet..the book was bought from Feedbooks and what I have found it sounds like I can not transfer my book to the kindle? it sounds like I will have to either finish reading the book on my son's tablet or pay for the book again for my KF.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    oh and I just remembered that even tho I used the Aldiko app on my son's Coby Tablet..the book was bought from Feedbooks and what I have found it sounds like I can not transfer my book to the kindle? it sounds like I will have to either finish reading the book on my son's tablet or pay for the book again for my KF.
    Hopefully this will help
    http://www.feedbooks.com/help/kindle
    http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17465

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 09-04-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links