Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Downloading from Calibre to Kindle fire

This is a discussion on Downloading from Calibre to Kindle fire within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I'm having trouble downloading books from my computer contained in Calibre to my kindle. I'm using a hardwire USB but I can't seem to get ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Downloading from Calibre to Kindle fire

I'm having trouble downloading books from my computer contained in Calibre to my kindle. I'm using a hardwire USB but I can't seem to get the hang of it. Any help out there :-))?

Member #
    Screenshot from 2012-08-03 16:40:44.jpgCalibre is an awsome application and it really pays to spend some time getting to know its features. There are FAQ's on the calibre web site as well as tutorial videos.
    as far as moving a book from calibre to the KF, it's really pretty simple. Basically, it's just high lite the book and click "send to device".

Here are more detailed instructions:
    First, I assume you have the most up to date version of Calibre. If yours is too old it won't have the driver for the KF in it. If it is new enough, it will automatically sense when the KF is connected by USB, it also has to be turned on (swipe the slider as if you were going to use the KF). Just highlite the books you want to transfer to the KF and on the top panel click the right side of the icon for "send to device", it will givde you the option of send to main memory. If you want to send more then one book at a time hold the ctrl key while clicking to highlight multiple books. If the book is not in the correct format, it will ask you to auto convet it the right format. It takes a few seconds to convert and then it will send it to the KF. When you are done, click the icon for "Device" and click the small down arrow on its right side and select 'Eject this device". It will tell you when the KF is ejected. You can then safely unplug the USB cable.

Ads