Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Icon Idiot

This is a discussion on Icon Idiot within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I reset my Kindle Fire to factory default. Tried to rearrange icons on Home screen and accidentally, stupidly put Settings icon in a folder with ...

Thread: Icon Idiot

Member #

Icon Idiot

I reset my Kindle Fire to factory default. Tried to rearrange icons on Home screen and accidentally, stupidly put Settings icon in a folder with the Prime Video icon. I use Settings constantly but have never used the Prime Video app. I don't want them in a folder together. Customer service advised pressing and holding the Settings icon for three seconds, which would allow me to relocate it. No good. While the Settings icon is in that folder it cannot be activated alone. Pressing and holding the icons in the folder simply allows me to move the folder around. Any advice on how to get these app icons separated?

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixfire View Post
    I reset my Kindle Fire to factory default. Tried to rearrange icons on Home screen and accidentally, stupidly put Settings icon in a folder with the Prime Video icon. I use Settings constantly but have never used the Prime Video app. I don't want them in a folder together. Customer service advised pressing and holding the Settings icon for three seconds, which would allow me to relocate it. No good. While the Settings icon is in that folder it cannot be activated alone. Pressing and holding the icons in the folder simply allows me to move the folder around. Any advice on how to get these app icons separated?
    open the folder by pressing it, put your finger on the icon you want move and move it out of the folder and it will go back from wence it came

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links