Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Fire HD 8 6th Gen Crashes When Not Plugged In

This is a discussion on Fire HD 8 6th Gen Crashes When Not Plugged In within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi, this is driving me nuts, I hope you can help. :-) I've got a Fire HD 8, 6th gen. Lately it's started crashing whenever ...

Member #

Question Fire HD 8 6th Gen Crashes When Not Plugged In

Hi, this is driving me nuts, I hope you can help. :-) I've got a Fire HD 8, 6th gen. Lately it's started crashing whenever it's not plugged in to the charger. Sometimes it's only a few minutes, sometimes I get an hour. It doesn't matter what app I'm using, or what state of charge the battery has. I've done all the usual, cleared cache, hard reboot, etc, etc, etc. It only works reliably when plugged in. I've got a feeling I need a new Kindle. Opinions?

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    Hi, this is driving me nuts, I hope you can help. :-) I've got a Fire HD 8, 6th gen. Lately it's started crashing whenever it's not plugged in to the charger. Sometimes it's only a few minutes, sometimes I get an hour. It doesn't matter what app I'm using, or what state of charge the battery has. I've done all the usual, cleared cache, hard reboot, etc, etc, etc. It only works reliably when plugged in. I've got a feeling I need a new Kindle. Opinions?
    try resetting it to factory defaults, which will clear all the apps and if that doesnt work, yes you need a new one

Member #
    Yes, it's better you just try resetting to factory settings first.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links