Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alexa Nag Screen

This is a discussion on Alexa Nag Screen within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; On my Fire HD8 and apparently since the last update, I am faced with an Alexa nag screen asking me to start using the app. ...

Member #

Alexa Nag Screen

On my Fire HD8 and apparently since the last update, I am faced with an Alexa nag screen asking me to start using the app. when I open my Kindle. Not being given to talking to inanimate objects, I select "later" but half the time I am then faced with a blank or locked screen. How do I commit Kindlecide and strangle the lady, or roll the system back to before the last update?

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dogcatcher View Post
    On my Fire HD8 and apparently since the last update, I am faced with an Alexa nag screen asking me to start using the app. when I open my Kindle. Not being given to talking to inanimate objects, I select "later" but half the time I am then faced with a blank or locked screen. How do I commit Kindlecide and strangle the lady, or roll the system back to before the last update?
    computers in general cant believe you don't want to talk to them and alexa seems a particularly determined young lady.

!) enact the alexia apps and then NEVER say alexa and it should never work, though sometimes it randomly joins in conversations with a helpful fact
    2) keep going into the menu and stopping alexia from running, it will however start again when you restart the device, i told you she was persistent
    3) the one i chose, deregister you device and then set it up to run with out being registered, which is a simple matter of getting to the page where it wants you to register and toggling back and forwards a few time till it asks you if you want to skip registration. then alexa and the rest of the amazon frame work wont work, if you have a particular use for any amazon function, install the app separately as you would on any other '' android device''

this also speeds the device up considerably
    Last edited by jobo; 12-31-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Member #
    I told you she was persistent

I haven't activated Alexa. The nag screen seems to be some form of punishment for not having Alexa and its persistence seems to be Amazon's attempt at brainwashing Why do they assume that my Kindle is in constant contact with the internet; it isn't, I use it to download books, Audible, and music from my PC. If it isn't in the same room as the PC then it can't communicate. Us country bumkins don't have wall to wall wifi.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dogcatcher View Post
    I told you she was persistent

I haven't activated Alexa. The nag screen seems to be some form of punishment for not having Alexa and its persistence seems to be Amazon's attempt at brainwashing Why do they assume that my Kindle is in constant contact with the internet; it isn't, I use it to download books, Audible, and music from my PC. If it isn't in the same room as the PC then it can't communicate. Us country bumkins don't have wall to wall wifi.
    ive told you what to do ???? deregister it

or you can almost certainly set up a wifi hot spot on your computer if you decided to join the 21 st century

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links