Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire HD8- Creating Photo Albums

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire HD8- Creating Photo Albums within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I have just bought a Fire HD8 and downloaded all my photo's onto it from my computer, using an SD card. Despite having downloaded them ...

Member #

Kindle Fire HD8- Creating Photo Albums

I have just bought a Fire HD8 and downloaded all my photo's onto it from my computer, using an SD card. Despite having downloaded them in their original files (albums), they are all mixed up on the HD8, so I want to group them back into their original separate "Albums".
    There seems to be a facility to do that, using the central icon shown at the bottom edge of the screen of the multiple pictures. My problem is that when I select that and the "Create a new album" button is displayed, I tap that and then type in a title for the album, I then tap "next" and I'm prompted to "Select Items", but after tapping that, nothing else happens !
    I am assuming that after tapping "Select Items" the screen would then display ALL my photo's for me to select those I wanted to go into that album.
    Is that what should happen, or am I doing something wrong, or is my new HD8 faulty ?
    I would be grateful if anyone can help. Neville.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville G View Post
    I have just bought a Fire HD8 and downloaded all my photo's onto it from my computer, using an SD card. Despite having downloaded them in their original files (albums), they are all mixed up on the HD8, so I want to group them back into their original separate "Albums".
    There seems to be a facility to do that, using the central icon shown at the bottom edge of the screen of the multiple pictures. My problem is that when I select that and the "Create a new album" button is displayed, I tap that and then type in a title for the album, I then tap "next" and I'm prompted to "Select Items", but after tapping that, nothing else happens !
    I am assuming that after tapping "Select Items" the screen would then display ALL my photo's for me to select those I wanted to go into that album.
    Is that what should happen, or am I doing something wrong, or is my new HD8 faulty ?
    I would be grateful if anyone can help. Neville.
    if you've move them across in folders, they should still be in folders. try using es file manager, that should allow you to find the folder and then display which photo(s) you choose

as to the other , sorry don't use it, try using es file manager to put them in folders if they arnt already

Member #
    Thanks for that Jobo.
    This HD8 is the second Kindle Fire we have and the first, smaller one, which was given to us and is just called a "Kindle Fire", did just that, in that they downloaded from my laptop in their individual file format. We have just bought this larger HD8 model to replace that one, for its larger (32GB) storage capacity, although that seems to have been a waste of money, because I couldn't download my 22GB of photo's into its internal storage, but I've no idea why, and had to buy a 32G SD card to get it to accept them. That's worked okay, but, as I said, they are not in their Individual files any more.
    From what I can work out, (no instruction came with it !!! ), any photo's you take with it do go into the 32GB internal storage, but you can't load any from an external device, although it says you can do so from your camera, using an OTG cable, (whatever that is !) as pictured on the one little card that came with it.
    There are too many things that this HD8 can do that I don't want to use, I just want it to use as an easily portable photo/home video viewer, nothing else.
    I tried downloading that "es file manager" that you suggested, but got lost in the procedure to do it. Why is everything so b....y complicated these days !!- Well for an 81yr old newby anyway.
    I've just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 on it and having been using the Windows 7 system for the last 11yrs, it's taken me 5 days to get to grip with it. Jeeeesh !!
    Anyone got any more ideas ? Neville.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville G View Post
    Thanks for that Jobo.
    This HD8 is the second Kindle Fire we have and the first, smaller one, which was given to us and is just called a "Kindle Fire", did just that, in that they downloaded from my laptop in their individual file format. We have just bought this larger HD8 model to replace that one, for its larger (32GB) storage capacity, although that seems to have been a waste of money, because I couldn't download my 22GB of photo's into its internal storage, but I've no idea why, and had to buy a 32G SD card to get it to accept them. That's worked okay, but, as I said, they are not in their Individual files any more.
    From what I can work out, (no instruction came with it !!! ), any photo's you take with it do go into the 32GB internal storage, but you can't load any from an external device, although it says you can do so from your camera, using an OTG cable, (whatever that is !) as pictured on the one little card that came with it.
    There are too many things that this HD8 can do that I don't want to use, I just want it to use as an easily portable photo/home video viewer, nothing else.
    I tried downloading that "es file manager" that you suggested, but got lost in the procedure to do it. Why is everything so b....y complicated these days !!- Well for an 81yr old newby anyway.
    I've just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 on it and having been using the Windows 7 system for the last 11yrs, it's taken me 5 days to get to grip with it. Jeeeesh !!
    Anyone got any more ideas ? Neville.
    es file manager is easy, just go on the amazon app stored and download it, press install and there it is, it works much the same as file explorer in windows 7

they are getting unnecessarily complicated to keep up with other devices, you can set the sd card up as external storage or adaptable internal storage, in which case there is nothing to do, the sd card is internal storage.

they also seem to rebel at files bigger than 4gb, so move it in 4gb chunks and not the whole 22gb at once and of course you only get about 20gb or so of actual free storage out of your 32,( the rest being used by the operating system) this gross over statement is true of all devices, ES file manager will tell you how much you actually have available

i don't play with photos on my device, which anyway is an older model and less complicated than yours , so other than recommending you use es file manager im out, have you a techy neighbor or relative that can look at it for you ? any 14 yo should do

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links