Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hardly Any Sound Fire HD 8

This is a discussion on Hardly Any Sound Fire HD 8 within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Posting this for a friend. I don't have any answers. I have a problem and I need help. I am using a Fire HD 8 ...

Member #

Hardly Any Sound Fire HD 8

Posting this for a friend. I don't have any answers.

I have a problem and I need help. I am using a Fire HD 8 (6th generation).

When I try listening without earphones to anything on my tablet I can barely hear it even on full volume. Sometimes I hear nothing and others can't hear it either.

However when I attach earphones I can hear wonderfully even at 1/2 volume and sometimes even at 1/4 volume.

For myself I can continue to use the headphones and hear that way but occasionally my caregivers want to watch the videos at the same time and it ruins the video if they can't hear it..

So can anyone tell me why my tablet is like this and what can I do to fix it? Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Grdecker View Post
    Posting this for a friend. I don't have any answers.

I have a problem and I need help. I am using a Fire HD 8 (6th generation).

When I try listening without earphones to anything on my tablet I can barely hear it even on full volume. Sometimes I hear nothing and others can't hear it either.

However when I attach earphones I can hear wonderfully even at 1/2 volume and sometimes even at 1/4 volume.

For myself I can continue to use the headphones and hear that way but occasionally my caregivers want to watch the videos at the same time and it ruins the video if they can't hear it..

So can anyone tell me why my tablet is like this and what can I do to fix it? Thanks
    POSSIBLY, dependent on what the issue is, the volume out is dependent on the volume in, if the volume on the vids in is low, the kindle amp isnt loud enough to blast it. generaly their great on amazon prime. but struggle on some platforms

there are various apps, that over ride the preset volume of the amp, you can boost it by 100% or so.

the down side is if you do play something very loud with that boost it will wreck the speakers, somewhere around 25. % boost is safe

hers some, i use the first one
    https://apkpure.com/search?q=volume+booster

don't forget to turn on '' allow apps from unknown sources'' in security

alternatively get a speaker cable and plug it into the TV or get a cheap speaker and use that amp to blast it
    Last edited by jobo; 11-30-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links