Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle 7 Won't Recognize MP3s

This is a discussion on Kindle 7 Won't Recognize MP3s within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I just bought a Kindle Fire 7 (7" display, 32 gig). I can't figure out how to get downloaded mp3s to show up under music. ...

Member #

Kindle 7 Won't Recognize MP3s

I just bought a Kindle Fire 7 (7" display, 32 gig).

I can't figure out how to get downloaded mp3s to show up under music. Every week I download a zip file containing mp3s. On my old Kindle 7, I could unzip them to the music folder and the album would show up in my offline music. But on this one, I don't see a music folder. When I unzipped it to the default, it did show up the first time, but not the following weeks.

Then I downloaded an mp3 from the web browser (no zip file). The first time I did this, it showed up under Music, but the second time with a different file, it did not show.

I tried selecting Update my Music (may not be the exact wording) but it didn't solve the problem.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by susb8383 View Post
    I just bought a Kindle Fire 7 (7" display, 32 gig).

I can't figure out how to get downloaded mp3s to show up under music. Every week I download a zip file containing mp3s. On my old Kindle 7, I could unzip them to the music folder and the album would show up in my offline music. But on this one, I don't see a music folder. When I unzipped it to the default, it did show up the first time, but not the following weeks.

Then I downloaded an mp3 from the web browser (no zip file). The first time I did this, it showed up under Music, but the second time with a different file, it did not show.

I tried selecting Update my Music (may not be the exact wording) but it didn't solve the problem.

Any advice?

Thanks.
    put VCL vid player on it. go into audio on the player and it will find all your music files and play them

Member #
    I tried two different players and still had the same problem. It turns out it was the app I was using to unzip. It put the mp3s in some weird rar emulation place where nothing could see them. I just used B1 Free Unzip instead and it works fine.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links