Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Failure To Connect Kindle Fire 5th Generation To WiFi Network

This is a discussion on Failure To Connect Kindle Fire 5th Generation To WiFi Network within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I've just received this Kindle Fire 5th Generation as a gift and I am having trouble connecting it to a wireless network which my computer ...

Member #

Failure To Connect Kindle Fire 5th Generation To WiFi Network

I've just received this Kindle Fire 5th Generation as a gift and I am having trouble connecting it to a wireless network which my computer connects to successfully. I've given the Kindle's MAC to the network
    administrator. When I tap on the network name, Kindle shows excellent signal strength and WPA & WPA2 Security Mode. When I click on Connect, the network tries to connect and then attaches Save.to the network icon. Even though no particular error is shown, the final message is Network connection failure. Since the Kindle fails to connect to the network, I have no way to go on-line or to register my Kindle with Amazon.

What can be causing my "Network connection failure" ?

I'll appreciate very much any help from this forum.

Julianvb

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alidayvn View Post
    I've just received this Kindle Fire 5th Generation as a gift and I am having trouble connecting it to a wireless network which my computer connects to successfully. I've given the Kindle's MAC to the network
    administrator. When I tap on the network name, Kindle shows excellent signal strength and WPA & WPA2 Security Mode. When I click on Connect, the network tries to connect and then attaches Save.to the network icon. Even though no particular error is shown, the final message is Network connection failure. Since the Kindle fails to connect to the network, I have no way to go on-line or to register my Kindle with Amazon.

What can be causing my "Network connection failure" ?

I'll appreciate very much any help from this forum.

Julianvb
    Its extremely difficult to problem solve this remotely , but if I were to hazard a guess, it would be that the wifi net work is 5ghz and and the fire is 2.5ghz. I dont know if the vet fire will work on the 5 ghz band ? Later ones will.

So you can Google the fire and see what the wifi spec is and ask the administrator what the wifi band is to see if it comparable.

Or take it to a coffee shop and use their wifi to register it and out a wifi connection app on it, which will tell you what band the company wifi is on and works with more reliability than the built in one, and then see if it will connect when you can get into the settings or skip the registration process and then try connecting it when you have functionality to get in to the settings
    Last edited by jobo; 10-11-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links