Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

KF Has Wireless Internet Connection, But Will Not Access "Web"...

This is a discussion on KF Has Wireless Internet Connection, But Will Not Access "Web"... within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I have had my kindle fire since April 2012. I love it. It worked great up until the end of July when for no particular ...

Member #

KF Has Wireless Internet Connection, But Will Not Access "Web"...

I have had my kindle fire since April 2012. I love it. It worked great up until the end of July when for no particular reason (that I am aware of) it stopped being able to access the Web function. I have full wireless internet connection, however, when I touch "Web" the screen acts as if it is about to do something then goes right back to the main "Home" screen. Oddly, I have no problem using the shortcuts to the amazon store, pulse, or IMBd, but cannot seem to access a web browser. Am I missing something? I have tried re-entering the network passwork, and turning router off and on again with no luck so far. I am currently waiting for customer service to respond to my trouble shooting question. If you know what I need to do, please help.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alidayvn View Post
    I have had my kindle fire since April 2012. I love it. It worked great up until the end of July when for no particular reason (that I am aware of) it stopped being able to access the Web function. I have full wireless internet connection, however, when I touch "Web" the screen acts as if it is about to do something then goes right back to the main "Home" screen. Oddly, I have no problem using the shortcuts to the amazon store, pulse, or IMBd, but cannot seem to access a web browser. Am I missing something? I have tried re-entering the network passwork, and turning router off and on again with no luck so far. I am currently waiting for customer service to respond to my trouble shooting question. If you know what I need to do, please help.
    That's a seriously old tablet ! It may just have run out of updates ?

If you can access amazon, put another browser on, a really simple one and see if that works

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links