Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Search Bar Problems

This is a discussion on Search Bar Problems within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi there, I'm having a little problem with my 2019 Kindle Fire 7. I recently cleared my browsing history on Silk browser, but this didn't ...

Member #

Search Bar Problems

Hi there,

I'm having a little problem with my 2019 Kindle Fire 7. I recently cleared my browsing history on Silk browser, but this didn't extend to the search bar shortcut on the home screen. I individually deleted this history on the dropdown by clicking on the 'x' individually. This worked, but still if I search for something new on this search bar, suggestions come up starting with the same letter next to a magnifying glass icon of specific searches I have looked up and I have no idea how to wipe this. Does anyone have any clue?

Thanks so much everyone - much appreciated!

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue-moomin View Post
    Hi there,

I'm having a little problem with my 2019 Kindle Fire 7. I recently cleared my browsing history on Silk browser, but this didn't extend to the search bar shortcut on the home screen. I individually deleted this history on the dropdown by clicking on the 'x' individually. This worked, but still if I search for something new on this search bar, suggestions come up starting with the same letter next to a magnifying glass icon of specific searches I have looked up and I have no idea how to wipe this. Does anyone have any clue?

Thanks so much everyone - much appreciated!
    Some of this is done by the " internet " as part of the service, it predicts what you are going type based on other peoples searches, there should be away to turn it off in settings, other than that clear the data cashe, though the cashe may be at the dns server, which remembers your searches to speed up the process, in which case your stuck, though I've seen apps that claim to clear that ?

8f your searching for things that may be embarrassing if they pop up when someone else uses it, then install tenta browser, it a) wipes its self when you close it and b) has a pin lock so no one else can access it and c) encrypt everything so even you provider does know what you've search for
    Last edited by jobo; 08-29-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links