Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Where Are Wallpapers Stored?

This is a discussion on Where Are Wallpapers Stored? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; My husband has a Fire tablet with a wonderful wallpaper I'd like to use on other devices. I've attached it (took a photo of the ...

Member #

Question Where Are Wallpapers Stored?

My husband has a Fire tablet with a wonderful wallpaper I'd like to use on other devices. I've attached it (took a photo of the screen so it's not as good as the real one). Can anyone tell me where the wallpapers are stored and how can I email a copy?

Thank you.

PS: I posted this to the wrong forum and I can't find a way to move it or delete it. I'm sorry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ekblackwell; 06-17-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ekblackwell View Post
    My husband has a Fire tablet with a wonderful wallpaper I'd like to use on other devices. I've attached it (took a photo of the screen so it's not as good as the real one). Can anyone tell me where the wallpapers are stored and how can I email a copy?

Thank you.

PS: I posted this to the wrong forum and I can't find a way to move it or delete it. I'm sorry.
    It's a while since I've set wall paper! So it's a bit hazy, you can use any image stored on the device, so if you email it over then save it as an image you can use it. From distant memory. Go in to the camera access stored images and from there you can set it up

Member #
    I couldn't find the wallpapers under Photos (using Photos app) or any other folder (using the File Explorer). The only way I saw them is if I go to change the wallpaper and it brings them up to pick one, but you can't share from there. Is it a rooted thing?

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ekblackwell View Post
    I couldn't find the wallpapers under Photos (using Photos app) or any other folder (using the File Explorer). The only way I saw them is if I go to change the wallpaper and it brings them up to pick one, but you can't share from there. Is it a rooted thing?
    You miss understand me, I'm assuming you don't want any of he stock wallpapers, rather you want your spaceship wall paper

You can't get your spaceship in to the stock wall paper file, you can get it stored as an image and from there select it as a wallpaper, just as you can choose any of you pictures taken with the kindle as a wall paper, which is why you need to go in through the camera and select from there, its two years since I did this so it's a bit hazy, but I do remember messing about for two hours to do it, but you can't do it from either file explorer or picture app, only through the camera, which is why I said use the camera andselct images in in the post above
    Last edited by jobo; 06-18-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Member #
    Thanks for all your help. I know how to use my photo as a wallpaper, but wanted the stock wallpapers. You're saying you can't share a stock wallpaper?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links