Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire HD 10 Autocorrect

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire HD 10 Autocorrect within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I've had a KF 10 HD for over a year now and the autocorrect app is terrible. It's far worse than the same feature on ...

Member #

Kindle Fire HD 10 Autocorrect

I've had a KF 10 HD for over a year now and the autocorrect app is terrible. It's far worse than the same feature on my old KF 7 and any other Android device I've ever owned. Has anyone else had this problem and if yes, how did you fix it?
    Thanks for your time.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Loungewizard View Post
    I've had a KF 10 HD for over a year now and the autocorrect app is terrible. It's far worse than the same feature on my old KF 7 and any other Android device I've ever owned. Has anyone else had this problem and if yes, how did you fix it?
    Thanks for your time.
    Yes it's terrible, turn it off or install another key board and therefore auto correct, try grammarly

Member #
    Where did you obtain a version of the grammerly keyboard for the KF10 OS or did you root it first?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Where did you obtain a version of the grammerly keyboard for the KF10 OS or did you root it first?

Thanks for getting back to me.
    No root required, you do need to turn on " allow apps from unknown sources" you can get nearly any free app from here to work on the kindle, getting paid apps can be a challenge, but 90 odd % of free ones will work just fine. If you put the apk pure app on, it will even auto update for you

https://m.apkpure.com/grammarly-keyb...droid.keyboard
    Last edited by jobo; 06-09-2019 at 09:49 AM.

Member #
    Never mind, I figured out how to get it installed. Thank you so much for the info! This is so far superior to the crap that comes with it. The help team from Amazon were useless.

Member #
    Jobo,
    Again, I can't thank you enough! What a difference. I don't understand why Amazon isn't using this in the first place!

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Jobo,
    Again, I can't thank you enough! What a difference. I don't understand why Amazon isn't using this in the first place!
    i think it has to do with licencing costs. But as said the 10 auto correct is extremely aggressive, and end up writing complete gibberish if you're not paying attention and makes it extremely difficult to edit if you are. To be fair I've put Grammarly on my Samsung as well, as though it's not as bad as the fire its a long way from good
    Thanks for saying thanks, you may be surprised at how few people can bother to do that simple courtesy

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    i think it has to do with licencing costs. But as said the 10 auto correct is extremely aggressive, and end up writing complete gibberish if you're not paying attention and makes it extremely difficult to edit if you are. To be fair I've put Grammarly on my Samsung as well, as though it's not as bad as the fire its a long way from good
    Thanks for saying thanks, you may be surprised at how few people can bother to do that simple courtesy

You're my hero!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links