Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

SD Card Problems

This is a discussion on SD Card Problems within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hello. I have a 128gb SD card loaded in my Kindle Fire Tab. It has a bunch of movies. I can access them using the ...

Member #

SD Card Problems

Hello. I have a 128gb SD card loaded in my Kindle Fire Tab. It has a bunch of movies. I can access them using the My Video Shortcut but that doesn't show titles until you open one. With some 100 movies that can take time. Another way I can access the list is through ES File Explorer but when I go to play it tells me it can't. I have downloaded VLC and MX player to view also but neither APP will open. Any suggestion as to access and ease of play would be appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    When you try to play with es file explorer what happens ? It should ask you which player you wish to use, try high lighting the file and then click in the bottom right hand corner and then pick play from the options

Orc

Open vcl player and click the top left , then library, and it should list them and ge able to play from there !

Are you sure you have full files on there, 100 movies on a 125gb card are very short movies or incomplete files. You'd normally expect a movie to be at least 500 mbs, in mp4 format
    Last edited by jobo; 03-21-2019 at 05:31 AM.

Member #
    Thanks Jobo for the response. Actually there are 102 MP4 movies on the 128gb. Says I have 2.23gb free space. In viewing the files on SDCard Manager, they all show actual full MB size. I can remove the SD Card and play anyone of them on my PC so the files are intact. This is my first attempt to use this method for viewing anything. I don't even know if I have the correct and best apps for it. Like I said, I can download VLC but it doesn't open anything or even seem to work. I have tried to download MX player also with the same results. Now, even though the SDCard Manager sees the SD card and info, ES File Explorer does not.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joe645 View Post
    Thanks Jobo for the response. Actually there are 102 MP4 movies on the 128gb. Says I have 2.23gb free space. In viewing the files on SDCard Manager, they all show actual full MB size. I can remove the SD Card and play anyone of them on my PC so the files are intact. This is my first attempt to use this method for viewing anything. I don't even know if I have the correct and best apps for it. Like I said, I can download VLC but it doesn't open anything or even seem to work. I have tried to download MX player also with the same results. Now, even though the SDCard Manager sees the SD card and info, ES File Explorer does not.
    This is really difficult with iut in in front of me, the vcl player will play nearly anything, but the buil5 in player is good as well, as is the player built into es file explorer. If non of them are playing the file, then I would still suspect theres a problem with the file, or what your doing rather 5han 5 different players being faulty. The computer may be playing the original rather than the one on the card, or it's a very unusual file type and it has a codex that your tablet does not. Do you do as above and access the film library through the vcl player ?

Where have you got these films from ? Have you converted them to mp4s yourself ? Down load something direct to the kindle hard drive, then see if that will play, 5hen move it to the sd card and see if that works. If so it become reasonably clear that there a problem with the file type
    Last edited by jobo; 03-22-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Member #
    Most of the files were copied from a Storage Drive that was loaded with converted MP4 movies which I used on my PSP. I believed that the Kindle Fire would play MP4 formats as well as others. If all the mp4 files are the same, why does it only recognize some rather than all? As for VLC, I still can't get it to install on my Kindle Fire. All files were converted using Apowersoft Video Suite Convertor.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Most of the files were copied from a Storage Drive that was loaded with converted MP4 movies which I used on my PSP. I believed that the Kindle Fire would play MP4 formats as well as others. If all the mp4 files are the same, why does it only recognize some rather than all? As for VLC, I still can't get it to install on my Kindle Fire. All files were converted using Apowersoft Video Suite Convertor.
    ? WHAT DIFFICULTY ARE YOU HAVING 8NSTALLING IT, it's available on the Amazon app store , just press download and then install

Member #
    After 3 tries, I finally got VLC to install. Before it would download and the install bar would just hang up. Anyway it's loaded. It does practically the same thing. a list of 35 movies all MP4 it only sees maybe 15 of them. The others give an error message that they can't play. Since they are all on a SD Card, they shouldn't be affected by the tablets memory should they?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    After 3 tries, I finally got VLC to install. Before it would download and the install bar would just hang up. Anyway it's loaded. It does practically the same thing. a list of 35 movies all MP4 it only sees maybe 15 of them. The others give an error message that they can't play. Since they are all on a SD Card, they shouldn't be affected by the tablets memory should they?
    We have just gone full circle, if non of the media players recognise them as media files, there there a very good chance they are corrupt or incomplete. Or that the file format is very rare/ obscure.

There no other reasonable conclusion, particularly with the play everything vcl player.

I dont suppose you follow the advice to fault find by using an mp4 that has been made by someone other than yourself and is know to work.

You tube and face book are full of them
    Last edited by jobo; 03-23-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Member #
    Thanks Jobo. While I have compiled 100s of movies on SD Disks which I viewed on my PSP for years, as well as the same amount stored as MP4 files on a 1TB storage unit, I have given up on trying to play them on the Kindle Fire. While many do show up, others do not. My thought was (since the wife and I do a lot of auto traveling) to take the Kindle Fire along as a video source to keep the wife entertained since WIFI isn't always available. Most MP4 files were compiled by me from DVD's and Tape libraries. Although, I did take a couple of the MP4 files which wouldn't play on the Kindle Fire and convert them to applicable Kindle Format and they worked. That process would take too much time in converting.
    Last edited by joe645; 03-23-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links