Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire 10 Getting Hot

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire 10 Getting Hot within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Not only that, but the battery isn't lasting as long, though fully charges as speedily as it always has done, though it no longer seems ...

Member #

Question Kindle Fire 10 Getting Hot

Not only that, but the battery isn't lasting as long, though fully charges as speedily as it always has done, though it no longer seems to charge if I am using it. I have had it for what seems like forever, about three/four years, so is no longer under warranty. Any help would be appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I would change out the battery. The same thing happened to me with a phone and the failing battery eventually ruined the phone. Don't wait too long like I did. Offhand, I don't know if the batteries are replaceable in Kindles. So check that out.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    I would change out the battery. The same thing happened to me with a phone and the failing battery eventually ruined the phone. Don't wait too long like I did. Offhand, I don't know if the batteries are replaceable in Kindles. So check that out.
    Yea they are but Amazon don't sell them, you need to buy of eBay and there a bit fiddkerky to do consult you tube

Member #
    Mine is getting hot also but it is only 10 months old. Heat can really shorten the life of a battery and sinre my Kindle in in a case the heat can not dissipate very well, I just cut out the portion os the case that covers the are that is getting heated. Hopefully this will allow the heat to dissipate in the air instead of just accumulating inside the case and frying the battery.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links