Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Facebook App Won't Work On Kindle Anymore

This is a discussion on Facebook App Won't Work On Kindle Anymore within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; My wife has an older Kindle that has (had) Facebook. She tried to login when at Ocean City in September but couldn't, now it won't ...

Member #

Facebook App Won't Work On Kindle Anymore

My wife has an older Kindle that has (had) Facebook. She tried to login when at Ocean City in September but couldn't, now it won't login to Facebook at all. She can use Facebook on her phone or the computer but not on the Kindle. I've tried to uninstall it and then reinstall it but it won't allow me to do it. When I do press/hold the icon to uninstall, all I get is "remove from Favorites". It keeps saying we have no wifi connection but we do. Any one have suggestions? FYI... I thought about trying to reload Facebook again onto the Kindle to see if it would work again but have no clue as our son did it years ago.
    Last edited by Jeff62; 12-21-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff62 View Post
    My wife has an older Kindle that has (had) Facebook. She tried to login when at Ocean City in September but couldn't, now it won't login to Facebook at all. She can use Facebook on her phone or the computer but not on the Kindle. I've tried to uninstall it and then reinstall it but it won't allow me to do it. When I do press/hold the icon to uninstall, all I get is "remove from Favorites". It keeps saying we have no wifi connection but we do. Any one have suggestions? FYI... I thought about trying to reload Facebook again onto the Kindle to see if it would work again but have no clue as our son did it years ago.
    Which icon are you trying to delete with.?
    On the home page( the one with the awful mountain picture) with all the other icons, press the face book icon, and a tick will appear with a banner to remove it at the top, if you ever remove it, I'm tell you how to install it again !

Is it connected to the wifi?. Ie other things work going on to the internet
    Last edited by jobo; 12-21-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    It's just occurred ,me are you using the browser to access face book rather than an icon on the home page

Member #
    It says the Wi-Fi is connected. The wife doesn't have any issues reading (accessing) her books either. On the Homepage... if I press/hold the Facebook icon, all I get is "remove from favorites and remove from carousel". If I tap the Facebook icon, it goes to https://m.facebook.com/ and that's it. I'm very tech illiterate so be patient, I don't have a 3 yr old to ask. Personally, it worked just fine for years til she was in Ocean City with her girl friends. They messed with it to try n get it to log in at the hotel. Hasn't worked since other than her books. She has access to Facebook on her phone and the computer with no issues, just the Kindle. I've tried going to Settings, Apps, all apps, Facebook... It says Force Stop and Uninstall. Only Force Stop is highlighted, it won't allow uninstall.
    Last edited by Jeff62; 12-21-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Can you log in on m.facebook .com

Planb go into silk browser, type " Facebook" into the search engine, hit enter, then tap on " Facebook" on the list that comes up, that should then allow you to login and use Facebook

Member #
    I tried "search", it showed up with Facebook login, etc. When I highlighted it, all I got was https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#
    I tried it twice and got same thing both times, it just stops there and doesn't give me the option to log in.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links