Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

USB Endoscope On Fire HD8

This is a discussion on USB Endoscope On Fire HD8 within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hello ! I've got a Shenzhen USB endoscope, and I'd like to make it work on my Fire HD8 tablet. Apparently, this tablet is OTG ...

Member #

USB Endoscope On Fire HD8

Hello !
    I've got a Shenzhen USB endoscope, and I'd like to make it work on my Fire HD8 tablet. Apparently, this tablet is OTG compatible, so the only problem is a software problem.
    On Amazon app store, I looked for apps, with no success. I tried to install the manufacturer app, from Play Store, with ES File Explorer : I thought it was about to work, but when I plug the endoscope, the tablet crashes, and reboot ...
    Does anyone already succeeded in making that kind of device work on a Fire HD8 ? If an android app is not working well, is there anything to try to fix it ? I'd really like to make it work.
    I have a phone and an other tablet, which are not OTG compatible, and I have only my PC to be able to use the endoscope

Thanks !

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    You can't download directly from the play ore to a kindle, you can side load very nearly anything

Turn on allows apps from unknown sources in security and give this a try

https://m.apkpure.com/otg-endoscope/....endoscope.usb

If not try the manufactures web site
    Last edited by jobo; 12-03-2018 at 06:32 AM.

Member #
    Thanks for your answers !
    I contacted the manufacturer, but he just said "well, Fire OS is not Android, so if it's not working... it's not working" ... To be honest, he suggested to try CameraFi too, but I already testes this app, so as many others, and I have always the same result : once I launch the app, plug the endoscope, it's recognized, the app asks me if I allow it to use the USB device, and when I say "yes" : the tablet reboots :-(

Apparently, many apps are able to use the endoscope on Google Play Store. I'm surprised there is not even one app on Amazon App Store to do the same.

Maybe I'll try to complete Google Play Store install on my Fire HD, I don't know if it's gonna make a difference, but it could worth a try.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundvardv View Post
    Thanks for your answers !
    I contacted the manufacturer, but he just said "well, Fire OS is not Android, so if it's not working... it's not working" ... To be honest, he suggested to try CameraFi too, but I already testes this app, so as many others, and I have always the same result : once I launch the app, plug the endoscope, it's recognized, the app asks me if I allow it to use the USB device, and when I say "yes" : the tablet reboots :-(

Apparently, many apps are able to use the endoscope on Google Play Store. I'm surprised there is not even one app on Amazon App Store to do the same.

Maybe I'll try to complete Google Play Store install on my Fire HD, I don't know if it's gonna make a difference, but it could worth a try.
    Well the kindle OS IS Android, I have no idea if the kindle will support a scope, but you say it will,

The issue with using the play store apps, is they won't work with out the google infrastructure, the very same apps sourced from else were will usually work, ie in 99% of cases, , the other option is to install the google frame work, which is easily done and then it should work exactly the same as any other android device, ( though at the cost of some device performance)

A thought, you may need to turn on " usb debugging" the USB isaparentlky turned off, on kindles,
    Go into settings, then device, and in the box that has the device serial number in , tap repeatedly, 7,8, 10 times, and eventually it will open " developer " menu, one of those is USB debugging turn that on and try again
    Last edited by jobo; 12-04-2018 at 07:17 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links