Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire won't connect to the internet. Help me, please!!

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire won't connect to the internet. Help me, please!! within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; today i experienced something new with my kindle fire at home. the wifi icon is all white(good) but there is a little white "x" next ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Kindle Fire won't connect to the internet. Help me, please!!

today i experienced something new with my kindle fire at home. the wifi icon is all white(good) but there is a little white "x" next to it. so this means my kindle is connected to my home wifi but it won't connect to the internet. why is this happening and how do i correct the problem. i turned off the wifi connection and then turned off the kindle all day. then tried starting it up again, and the little white "x" was still there next to the wifi icon.
    i contacted kindle support and the only thing they told me to do was to go back to the default settings and start the kindle fire all over again by re registering it. i don't like that answer nor their solution. they couldn't tell me why this happened and didn't seem very interested in my problem.

thank you for your help in advance.
    david

send replies to my email: dirosen44@gmail.com

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Assuming you have not inadvertently changed any settings on either your router or your Fire, I would first try a couple of things that seem to solve a host of WAN problems. I am also assuming that you actually DO have a good connection with the internet.

Turn the Fire's wifi off and:

1. Unplug the AC power from BOTH the router AND the modem. Wait 30 seconds.

2. First, re-power ONLY the modem and wait a good 30 seconds for it to completely boot up. Then, re-power the router and allow it completely boot up.

3. Turn on the wifi on the Fire and see if it will connect automatically and give you a connection to the internet. If not, long-press your network's SSID in the list of available networks and select "Forget" and reconnect with your network.

I have experienced your problem several times with various devices and the de-power/reboot solution always solves it. Occasionally things go haywire with networks and a "flush" clears the problem.

Hopefully, this will work for you.

Member #
    thank you very much for your advice. my neighbor across the street installed the router for me since i know nothing about routers/modems. i'll show him what you said and i'm sure he'll be over to help me.
    thank you very much
    david

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    The problem is almost certainly with your router and a simple reboot of the router as described above will almost certainly fix it.
    When mine started acting up repeatedly I discovered that there was an update for the router internal driver that fixed an issue where the router would disconnect from the modem when the modem was reset by the ISP. Shortly after that the router bit the dust on its own and I ended up replacing it.

However, if this is not a frequent occurence probably rebooting the router will fix it. Reboot the modem at the same time.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I reboot my router every couple of weeks now and haven't had any more problems with any of my Wi-Fi devices.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Unhappy No this doesnt work either

I have tried rebooting my router and modem and it still wont allow me to connect my Kindle fire HD to the internet. Rebooting doesnt help.

Ads