Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Need Help Downloading Books

This is a discussion on Need Help Downloading Books within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I have a new 7th generation Kindle fire and use an iMac desktop computer. A friend has sent me a book in an email attachment. ...

Member #

Need Help Downloading Books

I have a new 7th generation Kindle fire and use an iMac desktop computer. A friend has sent me a book in an email attachment. I've dragged it into Calibre, made sure the format is MOBI, and then dragged it into Android File Transfer, which opens automatically when I plug in my Kindle. The book shows up in Android File Transfer, which is supposed to be essentially a mirror image of what's in the Kindle, but the book doesn't appear in the Kindle Books List. I've tried rebooting, doing it all again -- nothing works. Can anyone help?
    Joey

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    I have a new 7th generation Kindle fire and use an iMac desktop computer. A friend has sent me a book in an email attachment. I've dragged it into Calibre, made sure the format is MOBI, and then dragged it into Android File Transfer, which opens automatically when I plug in my Kindle. The book shows up in Android File Transfer, which is supposed to be essentially a mirror image of what's in the Kindle, but the book doesn't appear in the Kindle Books List. I've tried rebooting, doing it all again -- nothing works. Can anyone help?
    Joey
    Im not a book person so ???

However if it isnt in kindle books, but is on the tablet, they try using a file exploter to locate it, possible under documents, es file manager has a search fubction that will find it in half a second
    Last edited by jobo; 10-23-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    Im not a book person so ???

However if it isnt in kindle books, but is on the tablet, they try using a file exploter to locate it, possible under documents, es file manager has a search fubction that will find it in half a second
    It is not on the tablet. that's the problem.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    And you know that for certain how?

Member #
    Hi - I read somewhere that the latest Fire 10HD prefers AZW3 format. Some books I had loaded did not appear in book list, but when Ichnaged format to AZW3 all was well.

Hope this helps

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links