Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Slow, Unresponsive Internet Connection

This is a discussion on Slow, Unresponsive Internet Connection within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I recently got a kindle fire and I loved it. Apps downloaded very quick, even large apps, internet was fast and smooth. Games ran very ...

Member #

Slow, Unresponsive Internet Connection

I recently got a kindle fire and I loved it. Apps downloaded very quick, even large apps, internet was fast and smooth. Games ran very well. I ended up running into a problem with an app though more specifically Pandora. I started download and noticed it was a bit slow so I cancelled download and went to start it again. It froze on 'preparing download. Ultimately keeping me from the app I wanted. There was a similar problem with another app I decided to cancel as I didn't want anymore and it would show as installing. I decided to factory reset to clear problems with app store. Upon having my factory reset kindle back I went to get my apps back and noticed everything was extremely slow and or unresponsive. Internet is sluggish and apps won't download past 2% before saying it can't connect to network. When I have stable connection. Same apps took 2min. Before now nothing. This kindle is pretty much useless now and I don't know what happened. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it. I want my fire back!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    It would seem to be an internet problem, most likely caused by your router, hard stop( long press) the kindle, then turn your router off and on, then reconnect , if that doesnt work, take your kindle somewhere else with internet and try it there, that wy at least we know which end of things is the problem

Member #
    I use phone hotspot for internet. Before reset very fast. After, very slow.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    The phone is the router, turn your fire and the phone off then on,,, then try yiyr fire somewhere else, just as i sugested in my last post, the nearest coffee shop will do fine
    Last edited by jobo; 10-21-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Its very unlikely, as youve reset it that the problems lies with the fire, uts possible but unlikely, more likely is,,,, that yiur neighbour has biught a new and much more powerful router, which is using a channel close to the one your on and just swamping the signal. That your phone company have got as issue with tethering and are throltling the connection some allow so much a month and then block it,, that theres a problem with the rouer soft ware on yiyr phone or with the cell phone signal.

You can by first firing up the fire on a known working wifi and then if successful, fireing up the tethered connection well way from home, rule out a number of those issues allowing us to focus on whats left

In fact googling the phone companirs polkicy on tethering may save you the cost of a cup of coffee !
    Last edited by jobo; 10-22-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links