Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How to send Mobi files to Docs not Books?

This is a discussion on How to send Mobi files to Docs not Books? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I see many posts about people having problems with their mobi files going into docs not books on the fire. I have the opposite problem....I ...

Member #

How to send Mobi files to Docs not Books?

I see many posts about people having problems with their mobi files going into docs not books on the fire. I have the opposite problem....I want my mobi files to go into the docs section. Long explanation here........

I read alot of fan fiction/original fiction from the web which I want to separate from my actual books. I convert these saved stories from epub to mobi in calibre (PDF files look strange on the fire, text cut off etc.) I used to delete the [PDOC] tag when converting to mobi so that the created book cover remained with the file, come to find out you need to have the [PDOC] tag so I put it back and converted again, the mobi files still go into books. I tried to email them which does work but no cover, only the name of the story show up (no author or other info on the cover page even though I sent it that way). Frustrated to say the least..... I also tried to sideload and found out that my documents folder has all my books (reg books listed under the books tab on the fire) and my books folder has the couple or so docs I have on the fire, it's all backwards.

Anyways my question is does anyone know the right way to send mobi files to the documents section with a cover? I dont mind zipping all these files and just emaling them but sometimes they have the cover other times not. Thanks for the help

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Wanted to welcome you to the site.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    If my memory serves me, any tag, either [PDOC] or [EBOK], or blank, is ignored by Calibre IF a specific output profile is selected. That said, I have experienced one converted mobi placing itself in Documents with no tag during conversion. I think in some cases it has to do with the metadata. If you send your converted mobis to your Fire's email address they will appear under documents and you will be able to sync notes and highlights. I am not in front of Calibre at the moment but I [I]think[ /I] if you select a "default" profile with the [PDOC] tag the book will appear under documents. There are numerous posts at MobileRead about this and there are several very knowledgable "regular" posters that will answer your specific questions.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=168631

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links