Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

book transfer

This is a discussion on book transfer within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; i am unable to find the books that i have transferred to my kindle fire both from my computer via usb and free books i ...

Thread: book transfer

Member #

book transfer

i am unable to find the books that i have transferred to my kindle fire both from my computer via usb and free books i "bought" from amazon

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Can you be more specific? Do you mean your books do not appear under the "Books" tab? Or you cannot find them as files in folders using a file explorer app? Any books purchased from Amazon, free or otherwise, will appear in your Amazon archive/cloud available to download via WiFi (or 3G if you have it). You need to have your wireless on and perform a one-time sync -- little gear icon in upper-right on home page, then tap on "sync." This will sync your Fire to Amazon's servers and all your available content will appear for individual downloading. For books that are side-loaded -- unless you are transferring via USB from Calibre -- you will have to re-boot your Fire after transfer in order for your bookshelf to "refresh" and your side-loaded books will then appear on the bookshelf. All side-loaded books will be located in the Fire's /Documents/ folder.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links