Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Browser loads so many tabs

This is a discussion on Browser loads so many tabs within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; When I try to go on the web it loads so many pages that it says the browser is forced to close. It takes at ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By flathat
  • 1 Post By Supernaut

Thread: Browser loads so many tabs

Member #

Browser loads so many tabs

When I try to go on the web it loads so many pages that it says the browser is forced to close. It takes at least 10 minutes just to get on the web.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Have you tried clearing your history? Hit the menu Icon at the bottom of you scteen when you are in throw browser. Select history from the list then clear all in the top right corner.
    rhondadbe likes this.

Member #
    Yes I clear it everyday but when I go to the web is loads like every page I have ever been on. I called support and they said do a restart and that didn't help either.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    We have 2 KF's and have the same issue. This was introduced by the last update and seems to be getting worse.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    We have 2 KF's and have the same issue. This was introduced by the last update and seems to be getting worse.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    This was not introduced with the latest update. This anomaly was first reported last November (at launch time) by some people on the Amazon discussion forums. I have not experienced this problem, but clearing history will do nothing. Try clearing the cache first in Settings => Applications, then a Force Close. If that doesn't work, one can then try the standard "Clear Data" which will delete automated logins/passwords, etc. This problem sounds more like isolated instances of browser data not clearing out properly as this has been happening since the Fire first launched and it doesn't occur with everyone.
    Last edited by Skydog; 04-18-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    When the browser opens hold your finger on the tab that you want. When a dialog box opens choose 'Close Other Tabs'. All the other tabs close and the one you want will open quickly. This doesn't fix the problem permanently but makes the browser usable.
    verybluejenny likes this.

Member #
    Everytime I select "web" all the tabs load and I hold down to get the box "close all tabs". After a couple of minutes it says browser is not responding and I have to choose "force close" or "wait. If I select wait I wait forever and nothing happens. If I choose force close then it goes back to home and I choose web and it starts all over again. The end result is always browser is not responding. Thanks so much for the input. I thought maybe it was happening to everyone.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    This was not introduced with the latest update. This anomaly was first reported last November (at launch time) by some people on the Amazon discussion forums. I have not experienced this problem, but clearing history will do nothing. Try clearing the cache first in Settings => Applications, then a Force Close. If that doesn't work, one can then try the standard "Clear Data" which will delete automated logins/passwords, etc. This problem sounds more like isolated instances of browser data not clearing out properly as this has been happening since the Fire first launched and it doesn't occur with everyone.
    Thanks for the input. I have been experiencing this since before the update. I thought maybe it was loading all the pages from my history. I have cleared the data and the history and it loads all the pages that I have bookmarked and pages I have been to (even with history cleared). I wish I knew if just a few people are experiencing this or alot. I have had my KF since Dec 2012. It started doing this in February.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Mine started, evidently coincidentally, when mine updated to 6.3. I wouldn't mind if it just loaded my bookmarks and/or history. My frustration is it loads pages I've never been to, advertising pages for services, college grants, etc. Clearing the cache helps and I don't use silk very often but when I do it is very slow to load when there are several tabs trying to load at once

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk Blue post

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links