Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Not sure what to do.

This is a discussion on Not sure what to do. within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Recently purchased a second KF. Two issues we found right off. On the newest Fire, we have not been able to remove anything for the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crash

Thread: Not sure what to do.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Unhappy Not sure what to do.

Recently purchased a second KF. Two issues we found right off. On the newest Fire, we have not been able to remove anything for the Carousel, and there are no parental controls. Not sure what to do next. Is there a way to fix the problem or do I return it for a new one?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    make sure it is running the current os... 6.3 something, if it is still loaded with 6.1 it won't have the remove from carousel feature.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It tells me it is running 6.2. My other is running 6.3. How do I get the update? The tab is not lit up.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    make sure it is connected to wifi and it will auto update...when it gets around to it

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    It tells me it is running 6.2. My other is running 6.3. How do I get the update? The tab is not lit up.
    One thing that might work is go to manage your Kindle from a browser and check there. That's how I force updated mine when I first got it.
    I don't remember exactly what I did but it showed update available, then updated later that night.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk Blue post

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Recently purchased a second KF. Two issues we found right off. On the newest Fire, we have not been able to remove anything for the Carousel, and there are no parental controls. Not sure what to do next. Is there a way to fix the problem or do I return it for a new one?
    Crash,

The other responses covered the issue of the os update and if you cannot remove items from the carousel, that may solve your problem. Otherwise, you might try clearing the data from the "launcher" app by going to settings>More>Applications>All Applications and clearing the data.

As far as parental controls are concerned, the answer to that depends upon what kind of controls you're looking for. Prevent purchasing of stuff like lawn furniture and DVDS? Preventing purchase of DIGITAL products delivered wirelessly to the KF? Controlling internet subject matter and websites? Keeping a young child from accessing settings, email, etc?

There are answers to all these issues in a combination of built-in KF features and a few apps that can be downloaded from the Amazon Appstore. If you can describe what you're looking for, I can probably give you some recommendations.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Crash,

The other responses covered the issue of the os update and if you cannot remove items from the carousel, that may solve your problem. Otherwise, you might try clearing the data from the "launcher" app by going to settings>More>Applications>All Applications and clearing the data.
    NOOOOO DON'T CLEAR THE DATA!!! It doesn't clear the carousel but does reset everything else on the launcher to factory causing all favorites,time zone, etc to go back to out of box settings. I found this out by trying it.
    I didn't have carousel clean up until my 6.3 update either

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    I Fire my posts with Blue Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    NOOOOO DON'T CLEAR THE DATA!!! It doesn't clear the carousel but does reset everything else on the launcher to factory causing all favorites,time zone, etc to go back to out of box settings. I found this out by trying it.
    I didn't have carousel clean up until my 6.3 update either

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    I Fire my posts with Blue Tapatalk 2
    Damn! I did it again, didn't I? Sorry, Crash and thanks, Mark. No excuse on this end except the premature Alzheimer's. I would say that my advice is usually a bit better than this incident suggests. (I hope.)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks everyone, all fixed!!
    alphawave7 likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links