Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

HDX 8.9 Asking For Username/Password

This is a discussion on HDX 8.9 Asking For Username/Password within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Purchased another HDX 8.9 on Ebay to replace the broken one I have. On power up it asks for a Username and Password, which I ...

Member #

HDX 8.9 Asking For Username/Password

Purchased another HDX 8.9 on Ebay to replace the broken one I have. On power up it asks for a Username and Password, which I do not have. I have tried all the combinations of <power> <vol up> and <vol down> buttons to get back to factory reset without success. I also contacted Amazon Kindle tech support who were no help at all. Please let me know if there is a way to get past the username and password screen, or to reset to factory default settings. Thanks in advance, Tom.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fitzpatrick View Post
    Purchased another HDX 8.9 on Ebay to replace the broken one I have. On power up it asks for a Username and Password, which I do not have. I have tried all the combinations of <power> <vol up> and <vol down> buttons to get back to factory reset without success. I also contacted Amazon Kindle tech support who were no help at all. Please let me know if there is a way to get past the username and password screen, or to reset to factory default settings. Thanks in advance, Tom.
    Im not familar with that model, but the common method is to input an incorrect password 5 times and it should ask you if you want a factory reset ?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    Im not familar with that model, but the common method is to input an incorrect password 5 times and it should ask you if you want a factory reset ?
    Heres another method with instruction by a 12yo, who are experts in this type of thing

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv08A24hIvU

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links