Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

6.3 update missing books?

This is a discussion on 6.3 update missing books? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; So i posted a thread a while back when my kindle updated itself and my books and docs were missing that I loaded onto the ...

Member #

6.3 update missing books?

So i posted a thread a while back when my kindle updated itself and my books and docs were missing that I loaded onto the SD card. Last night I was in the middle of reading and my kindle connected itself to my wireless and started updating a bunch of applications, next thing I know I got force-closed on the book I reading. Now whenever I click on any of my docs or books that I didnt get from the amazon market, it just takes me to a kindle logo and doesn't do anything. I rebooted and now all my books and docs that I loaded are gone and I just have the ones from the kindle store.

Before when this happened I uninstalled the amazon kindle updates and cleared the data and they showed back up, with this new 6.3 update its no longer letting me uninstall updates in order to fix this, anyone have a work around? i really don't want to factory reset but I want to read my books!!!

any help appreciated

also I was previously rooted but an update unrooted me(I think), could this be a problem?

Member #

Fix

I Had the same problem finally work out that Android Market / Google play had updated an app called "Kindle".

you need to uninstall this app and turn off Markets automatic updated so it doesnt happen again

Once i uninstalled Kindle all the books and Dos came back

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links