Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wireless Routers / Wifi for Dummies..

This is a discussion on Wireless Routers / Wifi for Dummies.. within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Originally Posted by rocks2oldies I need the same help. I changed modem/router combinations and now I don't know the password to get onto wifi though ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Wireless Routers / Wifi for Dummies..

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rocks2oldies View Post
    I need the same help. I changed modem/router combinations and now I don't know the password to get onto wifi though it shows my unit. Is the network key the same as "key password" (security key/passphrase)? If so, mines 16 letters and numbers long!
    Even though the key may be 16 characters long, you only need to enter it once. Who setup your router/modem? They should have told you the password so you could write it down and save it in a safe place. If you don't know the password, you could always reset the modem back to it's defaults but them you would need to set it up again.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rocks2oldies View Post
    Would someone please help me with my post? Thank you!
    It was answered in the post above yours. Yes it's the same. If you don't know what those 16 characters are you will probably only get help from whoever set up your network or the router manufacturer software that came with the router.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From my Beano

Member #
    Hi, my modem/router combination is Tykdk, given to me by Verizon. I had to get all the information off the bottom of the modem/router and have a computer company help me set up the wireless between the computer and the modem/router. Verizon was useless in this area (can you believe it?) Anyway, I used to have linksys, and my Kindle Fire was set up for that. Now, it keeps asking me for a password when I try to get into the Tykdk signal. So I guess my old password under linksys, which was my phone number, won't work. Thank you for helping me. I'll try it and report back what the outcome is.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links