Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sync with Kindle 2

This is a discussion on Sync with Kindle 2 within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; If I read on my K2, go into sleep mode, it sets the location. If I then ho to the KF I can sync to ...

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Sync with Kindle 2

If I read on my K2, go into sleep mode, it sets the location. If I then ho to the KF I can sync to the new location. I am having an issue on how to set the sync on the KF. if I put the KF yo sleep and go back to the K2 it foes not sync forward. Any ideas?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    If I read on my K2, go into sleep mode, it sets the location. If I then ho t o the KF I can sync to the new location. I am having an issue on how to set the sync on the KF. if I put the KF yo sleep and go back to the K2 it foes not sync forward. Any ideas?
    Starting
    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    Is the wifi on or off when you have finished reading on your Fire? Wifi must be on before going to sleep.

I had the same problem but in reverse (Fire was clueless) and this solved it:

The solution to the lack of syncing is a hard-reset (you will not lose your data/files) by holding the power button for 20 seconds and releasing. When the Fire powers up again, go to the settings icon (top-right) and then tap on "sync." This only needs to be done once and will now get the Fire back in sync with other Kindles. Now, when a book is opened (with a wifi connection) you should see the gray dialog box pop up immediately with either a "already at furthest location read" or "xxx kindle is at location xx would you like to go to that location?" message.
    Last edited by Skydog; 04-04-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links