Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My docs/books are missing

This is a discussion on My docs/books are missing within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Bumping because I really need a response here....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My docs/books are missing

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Member #
    2584
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4
    Bumping because I really need a response here.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Member #
    2581
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
    so I figured it had something to do with the kindle app being updated, I went in and uninstalled updates and cleared data and now my shelves are appearing again but having problems opening because it says application not installed
    Doing this, and then clearing data worked for me as well too ^_^

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Member #
    95
    Liked
    26 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Circumnavigating Earth @ Mach .83
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by KFNoob View Post
    Bumping because I really need a response here.
    Settings => Applications => (Filter by) All Applications => Scroll to and tap "Amazon Kindle" => Clear Data. You will have to re-download your Kindle-purchased books from the archive/cloud. Any side-loaded books remain on the Fire.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Member #
    2600
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4
    Hi I'm new to this forum and I'm also having the same problem. I tried the suggestions from above by clearing amazon kindle data and I still have no success in retrieving my files. I also called customer support who wanted me to just do a factory reset which I want to avoid at all costs. The only thing I haven't tried is deleting the update if any one can tell me how to do this I would be really grateful. If there is anything else I can do to restore my files I would greatly appreciate any advice you can give me.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Member #
    2584
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4
    Too late. I already went through the trouble of resetting everything back to factory settings.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Member #
    95
    Liked
    26 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Circumnavigating Earth @ Mach .83
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by KFNoob View Post
    Bumping because I really need a response here.

    Too late. I already went through the trouble of resetting everything back to factory settings.
    Well, you received responses pretty promptly I would say. And the next time you have a question/problem --"please" and "thank you" go a long way.

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Member #
    2600
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4
    Well I would still like to know how to uninstall the kindle updates, I'm rooted and I really wouldn't like re rooting and installing all my custom software back on. Or if there is another app which I could read my kindle books on I would like to use that as well. Thanks for anyone who wants to give me a hand in this.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Member #
    95
    Liked
    26 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Circumnavigating Earth @ Mach .83
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxjockey View Post
    Hi I'm new to this forum and I'm also having the same problem. I tried the suggestions from above by clearing amazon kindle data and I still have no success in retrieving my files. I also called customer support who wanted me to just do a factory reset which I want to avoid at all costs. The only thing I haven't tried is deleting the update if any one can tell me how to do this I would be really grateful. If there is anything else I can do to restore my files I would greatly appreciate any advice you can give me.
    Welcome to the forum, Boxjockey.

    When you say you cannot retrieve your files, are you refering to your archived books on Amazon's cloud not being visible/available to download (book cover visible with small arrow on lwr right)?

    Not to overlook the simple/obvious, which I have done myself. Have you done:

    1. A hard-reset (you will not lose anything) - power off while holding the button in for at least 20 seconds. Power on and then...

    2. Tap on the settings icon (upper right corner) and tap on sync. The hard-reset and re-syncing solves a lot of problems. The reset and re-sync gets the Fire and your cloud working together correctly. (It solved one of my problems).

    There is another option to try that does NOT involve resetting your device to factory settings. Do the above and we'll go from there.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Member #
    2600
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4
    Hi and thanks for welcoming me to the forums I have done all of the above and there is nothing shown on the device or cloud however I still have all my books and aldiko and such. I have tried re-syncing and re-regerstering as well with no luck.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Member #
    95
    Liked
    26 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Circumnavigating Earth @ Mach .83
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxjockey View Post
    Well I would still like to know how to uninstall the kindle updates, I'm rooted and I really wouldn't like re rooting and installing all my custom software back on. Or if there is another app which I could readmy kindle books on I would like to use that as well. Thanks for anyone who wants to give me a hand in this.
    My Fire is stock but there is no option that I found for uninstalling OS updates. Do what I suggested above. Another option is to de-register the Fire and then re-register, but my two-step post should do the same. You do not need to uninstall the update (assuming it was OTA).

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Writing Docs?
    By Gamertherapy in forum Amazon Kindle Fire Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 08:34 AM
  2. a substitute for the missing physical volume control
    By grvthang in forum Amazon Kindle Fire Apps
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 02:30 PM
  3. Docs To Go is the free app of the day today
    By sstuner in forum Amazon Kindle Fire Apps
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 12:16 PM
  4. Am I missing something here?
    By csolo in forum Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:43 PM

Search tags for this page

books disappeared from kindle fire

,
i lost all my books on my kindle fire
,
kindle apps missing
,
kindle fire doc missing
,

kindle fire lost books

,

missing books on kindle

,

my books disappeared from kindle cloud

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Back to Top