Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Unable To Stream Movies

This is a discussion on Unable To Stream Movies within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hello, I have a Kindle Fire HD 7 (4th generation). I am having difficulty streaming movies from the prime instant video app. When I go ...

Member #

Unable To Stream Movies

Hello,

I have a Kindle Fire HD 7 (4th generation). I am having difficulty streaming movies from the prime instant video app. When I go to the video app and click on a TV show, I have no problems. The information for the TV show comes up on screen with all the different episodes. I can select "Watch Now" and stream the TV just fine. However, if I were to select a movie I do not get taken to a page with the movie information and the ability to stream. Instead I get a "No Network Connection" error. I am connected to a network. As I said I can stream TV shows just fine as well as surf the internet, check my email, stream prime music, etc. This only happens when I select a movie.

I've already tried multiple things: Force stop the app, clear cache, clear data, restart the device, etc. I called Amazon Customer Support and they had me repeat clearing the cache. Next they requested I deregister the device, restart the tablet, and re-register. After that did not work, they told me to do a factory reset of the device. None of these have worked. I still get the "No Network Connection" error whenever I try to select a movie.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Is it telling you your not connected to your net work, i.e. The Wi-Fi or your not connected to the Amazon site?

With out really understanding what your issue is, if suspect the app, have you reinstalled this durring you trials and tribulations ?

Member #
    Yes, it is telling "No Network Connection" and tells me to check my network and Wi-Fi connection. I do suspect it is something to do with the app, since as I mentioned I am connected to Wi-Fi, have a strong signal, and can do other internet activities (email, streaming TV, music, YouTube). I would love to try reinstalling the app, but I am unsure how to do this. Since the Amazon Instant Video app is pre-installed on the Fire tablet, I can't uninstall it like I would any other ordinary app I've downloaded. Do you know how to do that?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    You can down load the app on to any Android device, but what I don't know is if it will over write the one you have install its self separately or nether if these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-com-.../dp/B00N28818A

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links