Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trouble "Sharing" Downloaded Files

This is a discussion on Trouble "Sharing" Downloaded Files within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I often download books from Instafreebie. Sometimes they go to the Docs folder on my Fire and sometimes to downloads though I have no idea ...

Member #

Trouble "Sharing" Downloaded Files

I often download books from Instafreebie. Sometimes they go to the Docs folder on my Fire and sometimes to downloads though I have no idea what determines their destination. Until a week or so ago, I have been able to "share" from either location, using AOL (my default email) to send the book to the Documents section of my kindle library. There was no need to attach the file, it was automatically there. Recently, while sharing from downloads, it looks like the file is there but it doesn't show up in the library. I tried sending it to myself and attachment was missing. When I manually attach the file, it looks like it's there twice but only gets through once. Sharing from the Docs folder works fine, it's just downloads that have changed. How do I fix this?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara S View Post
    I often download books from Instafreebie. Sometimes they go to the Docs folder on my Fire and sometimes to downloads though I have no idea what determines their destination. Until a week or so ago, I have been able to "share" from either location, using AOL (my default email) to send the book to the Documents section of my kindle library. There was no need to attach the file, it was automatically there. Recently, while sharing from downloads, it looks like the file is there but it doesn't show up in the library. I tried sending it to myself and attachment was missing. When I manually attach the file, it looks like it's there twice but only gets through once. Sharing from the Docs folder works fine, it's just downloads that have changed. How do I fix this?
    Possibly the format that determines where theygo?

The easiest solution would seem to be to move them from downloads to documents, using a file explorer app,, but sure why your emailing them half way round the country when you can just put them where you want,?
    Last edited by jobo; 08-21-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links