Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Help with wireless network

This is a discussion on Help with wireless network within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I'm very new to routers and everything, but I believe I set up my Medialink router correctly, setting up the SSID, password, and hooking it ...

Member #

Help with wireless network

I'm very new to routers and everything, but I believe I set up my Medialink router correctly, setting up the SSID, password, and hooking it up, as all lights (power, sys, WLAN and WAN) are on. Despite this, my computer keeps saying that wireless isn't running and won't connect to my router/network. What could be going on here?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Apologies ahead of time if this post is repeating information you already know, but how new to network systems are you? As the buzz increases over wireless connectivity some people are missing the fact that there still has to be an actual connection to the internet through an Internet Service Provider at some point. Some people may actually be able to connect to a community wifi or maybe a neighbors unsecure network but most users still have to subscribe through an ISP that provides a connection to the internet either through DSL or Cable or wirelessly through a 3g or 4g network (most expensive but most convenient option). Once that internet service is provided your wireless router will be able to connect to your WIFI device like the Fire, smart phone or a laptop with a wifi receiver.

Again, my apologies if this is too basic in terms of information.

Remember, wifi itself is simply a radio signal that allows devices to communicate to each other, you still need the ISP to supply the content.
    Last edited by hartshwk; 03-06-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    What do you mean when you say "...my computer keeps saying that wireless isn't running..."? Are you trying to connect with a Kindle Fire or your computer? We need more info about what computer you are using to try to connect to the router and what the exact messages are that you see.

Has the computer you are using ever connected to a wireless router? If the computer works with other routers but not your own that would indicate possible issues with how you set your router up but if the computer has never been used with a wireless router before then it could indicate the issue is on the computer side.
    Last edited by strollin; 03-07-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links