Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Help With ICS 4

This is a discussion on Help With ICS 4 within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hey ya'll, So I'm sure you're tired of noobs posting but I just need a little help. I rooted my kindle last night and then ...

Thread: Help With ICS 4

Member #

Help With ICS 4

Hey ya'll,

So I'm sure you're tired of noobs posting but I just need a little help. I rooted my kindle last night and then tried giving it ics 4. So, I wiped everything (as instructed) and before hand I added the cm09 file along with the gapps. Yet, when I downloaded and extracted these two files they came out as multiple files so I first extracted the files to my desktop. I then transferred the individual files to the root of my kindle. When trying to "install" them , the individual files(which cm09 and gapps had been comprised of ) popped up but I couldn't do anything with them (flash ,etc). So, then I tried condensing all the gapps files into one "gapps" folder and all the cmo9 files into one "cm09" folder and transfer it to the root. Same thing happened. What I think I should haev done is not extracted either and just have sent the unzipped files to the root of my kindle...woops...I am a dumb noob after all! So, now I'm stuck with my kindle and when I turn it on to "normal mode" (not the TWRP) the "kindlefire" insignia pops up at start up like normal but it just sits there like that. Any idea of what I should do and where I can get the files to do it so that I too can have the LIMITLESS POWER OF ICE CREAM!!?? MWAHAHAHAHA...really though..any help ?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    ALOHA & welcome. Head over to our sister site where the better answers may help u out

Kindle Fire Android Development - xda-developers

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links