Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Questions On Internal Storage/External Storage (SD Card) File Management

This is a discussion on Questions On Internal Storage/External Storage (SD Card) File Management within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Lots of questions on internal storage and external storage (SD card) file management. Where do I start? I'm very experienced on Windows file management and ...

Member #

Questions On Internal Storage/External Storage (SD Card) File Management

Lots of questions on internal storage and external storage (SD card) file management. Where do I start? I'm very experienced on Windows file management and have no experience wit Android or Apple. So where do I start?

Lets talk about folder management. Looking at the two storage media with MS File Manager while conned to my PC are the following. On the internal storage there are 16 folders, most of which make sense. I didn't create any of these. On the SD Storage there are 5 folders (Android, Books, DCIM, Lost.DIR and Sys Vol Info) I didn't create any of these either. There are also two movies. Some how I downloaded one video form my PC (I can't remember how I did that) to My Videos (internal storage) that I just moved with the PC to the SD card. I placed it on the root since there were no folds called Movie. The second video I copied from the PC to the SD Card directly. I can access both videos by going to My Videos or Setting/Storage/Personal Videos...but they don't have any file name/title just a thumbnail image.

So a couple questions to get started:
    Can I create folds on the SD drive (Movies, Docs, Photos, etc), move files from PC to these folders and they will be accessible from the Kindle apps??
    How do I get names for the videos to display on the Kindle when I go to My Videos?
    Are there any good hard copy users manuals?
    If it's too LOUD....you're too OLD!!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    See your other thread

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links