Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Writing Docs?

This is a discussion on Writing Docs? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Is it possible to write a document (word file) with a Kindle Fire? I'm going to be writing alot so I need to be able ...

Thread: Writing Docs?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Writing Docs?

Is it possible to write a document (word file) with a Kindle Fire? I'm going to be writing alot so I need to be able to do some of this stuff on the go.
    SteamID: l4d2bob

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    The KF comes with QuickOffice which allows you to view but not write Word docs. You could upgrade to QuickOffice Pro ($14.99) which then gives you the ability to write Word docs. There are several other apps in the Market such as Documents to Go (Full version, $14.99) and OfficeSuite Pro ($9.99) that would work as well.
    Last edited by strollin; 02-22-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    The KF also supports "Documents to Go," a Microsoft Office emulation suite similar to QuickOffice Pro. I've been using it for years on various devices and it works very well. One caveat. None of these application suites is completely compatible with their Microsoft Office counterparts. Typically, the problems only show up in heavily formatted documents and spreadsheets but it's a good idea to do some testing if you're planning to do serious editing and document creation with them.

You may also find that an app like "Splashtop Streamer" suits your needs. Rather than an emulation app it enables you to access a PC running the same software from your mobile device. You can use it to run your Office apps directly on the PC. Of course, this requires a connection (e.g. wifi or a 3G/4G connection via a mobile hotspot.)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links