Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Looking For A Replacement For iPad Mini

This is a discussion on Looking For A Replacement For iPad Mini within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi I'm looking for some answers about how the Fire HD 8 handles files between apps. After a very fustrating year of dealing with an ...

Member #

Looking For A Replacement For iPad Mini

Hi

I'm looking for some answers about how the Fire HD 8 handles files between apps. After a very fustrating year of dealing with an ipad mini I am looking to replace it. One of my main problems is the apps on the ipad can not share files. Ex. I have two apps for handling PDF files. Because the os doesn't have a real filing system I have to keep two copies of each file.
    So can apps on the Fire share files or should I just buy a laptop?

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by randyroger View Post
    Hi

I'm looking for some answers about how the Fire HD 8 handles files between apps. After a very fustrating year of dealing with an ipad mini I am looking to replace it. One of my main problems is the apps on the ipad can not share files. Ex. I have two apps for handling PDF files. Because the os doesn't have a real filing system I have to keep two copies of each file.
    So can apps on the Fire share files or should I just buy a laptop?
    I've never used an iPad, so can't compare,

But I'm answer as best I can, as don't really understand the problem you have been having.
    If I have a pdf, or a video or a music file, I can using a file explorer app, choose to open that file with any relevant app, so if I have two pdf, readers( and I do) I can choose either reader A or reader B. Same then with video, I can choose any one of the half dozen vid players I have to the play the one file.

This is only possible if you put a file explorer app on to the device, in this case one callrd ES, file manager,

I am frankly amazed that an iPad doesn't have a,similar app available ?

Edit, oh look they do,,
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/file...510282524?mt=8
    Try that before you shell out on a new tablet
    Last edited by jobo; 07-13-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Member #
    Thank you Jobo

I've downloaded the app and will give it a try.
    I've used PCs for work for years and bought the ipad because of it's "user friendly" reputation. "Extremely limited" is a better description.

Anyway thanks again.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by randyroger View Post
    Thank you Jobo

I've downloaded the app and will give it a try.
    I've used PCs for work for years and bought the ipad because of it's "user friendly" reputation. "Extremely limited" is a better description.

Anyway thanks again.
    Apple can be very odd, I had a play with a n applem ac,once and hated it, though other love them

Though it's also quite a jump from a Windows pc, to an Android tablet, tablets will do pretty much anything a pc will do, it's just that after a pc a lot of it is counter to common sence,, it took me three months to understand how to make a tablet do what I wanted after 25 years of working a windows, pc, to be honest I never got over them scrapping Windows xp, I really could make that fizz,.

I suspect, that it's you not adjusting, that's at the heart of your issue, though I clearly don't know, you have more processing power in your hand than the whole of nasa,had for the first moonshot,, it really should sort pdf, files with ease.

, if that doesn't help, then a fire will probably suit, though they come with their own issues around not using the Google play store
    Last edited by jobo; 07-14-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links