Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Audio Jack Not Recognizing Headphones

This is a discussion on Audio Jack Not Recognizing Headphones within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; So I have a kindle fire tablet 7th generation. Everything was going smoothly, but then my audio jack stopped recognizing certain headphones. I tried with ...

Member #

Audio Jack Not Recognizing Headphones

So I have a kindle fire tablet 7th generation. Everything was going smoothly, but then my audio jack stopped recognizing certain headphones. I tried with 4 different pairs of headphones (which all of them work on different devices) and three of them worked. Two of them stopped being recognized after a week of using them. One of them was the Apple earbuds, and the other was Sol Republic. I've tried messing with the settings, and plugging them in and out multiple times, and cleaned the jack, all with no luck. If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartache View Post
    So I have a kindle fire tablet 7th generation. Everything was going smoothly, but then my audio jack stopped recognizing certain headphones. I tried with 4 different pairs of headphones (which all of them work on different devices) and three of them worked. Two of them stopped being recognized after a week of using them. One of them was the Apple earbuds, and the other was Sol Republic. I've tried messing with the settings, and plugging them in and out multiple times, and cleaned the jack, all with no luck. If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated.
    The only thing I can think of is,, when you plug the head phones in it automatically turns the sound down, so make sure you turn it up again.

Member #
    I'll have the volume all the way up while playing a YouTube video or something, and when I plug it in, nothing changes, it still plays from the speakers.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    If you plug just a cable in, it knocks the speaker off, so it's not a case of it not recognising a particular set of head phones,,, so much as it not working ??????
    Are you sure you are pushing the Jack in all the way? The last bit, is a bit stiff and needs a concerted push, there should be non of the Jack showing,

Member #
    Like I said before, I have tried everything, that being a no brainer. This problem only happens with 2 sets of my headphones, and they are fully plugged in, I'm not stupid enough to make that mistake.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    This is the internet, it's not easy to guess how stupid people are ?

Your issue doesn't make sense, , there's a sensor that cuts off the inbuilt speaker and activated the head phones, if that sensor is there and you insert a headphone jack properly, then the head phones are,switched on,,,,,,,, it either works or its broken,,,,there are no possible reasons why some head phones will work and some wont, unless there is something wrong with the Jack plug , the head phones or your not pushing it in far enough????

As a test, buy a short head phones extension cable, set it off playing music, plug the extension cable in, and if as should happen the music cuts off, then plug your various head phones in to that, if one set works they all should,.
    If two work and two don't the issue is with the head phones
    Last edited by jobo; 07-09-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links