Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Not Starting

This is a discussion on Kindle Not Starting within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi all. Can anyone advise me how to get my Kindle to turn on please. Up to yesterday it automatically went to the swipe to ...

Member #

Kindle Not Starting

Hi all.
    Can anyone advise me how to get my Kindle to turn on please. Up to yesterday it automatically went to the swipe to open screen and functioned perfectly. Today when I open the cover the swipe to open screen doesn't come on. It's fully charged, the green light comes on when I press the start button but nothing happens? If I hold the start button it stays green then flashes and goes out. Nothing changes from the screen saying Your next great read is waiting. Can anyone offer any suggestions please.

Thanks
    Paul

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I'm not sure, what you mean ? Are you stuck on the screen saver, offers page and the swipe won't open it, or are you staring at a blank / black screen ?

I'm guessing it's the second, have you inadvertently turned the brightness right down ? This happened to me I spent hours messing about, go in a darkish room, you should just be able to make out the screen icons, and turn the brightness up
    If it's the former, try giving the screen a good clean, it's ussualy finger grease that knocks the swipe an out of sync
    Last edited by jobo; 07-04-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I'm also perplexed by the green light, what green light, do you mean the green lightning bolt in a square, ?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links