Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

sending email

This is a discussion on sending email within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I can receive email but cant send them.I have agmail and yahoo account set up. Is there some setting I missed?...

Thread: sending email

Member #

sending email

I can receive email but cant send them.I have agmail and yahoo account set up. Is there some setting I missed?

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Assuming it is not something obvious like not having your wifi on when you try to send email (Yeah, I've been there), the problem may lie with the account configuration for email. There have been reports, for example, of those with Cox Cable as their ISP have experienced the problem you've encountered, especially if they used an automated procedure to set up their email.

In the email settings menu look at both the "Composition defaults" and the "Outgoing Server" information. Be sure that your "user name" on the outgoing server tab to be used to sign into your ISP email server does NOT include the address (i.e. just myname, not myname@isp.com.) The composition default on the other hand, should include your entire email address, i.e. myname@gmail.com.

Member #
    I am trying to help a friend with her new KF and she is having the same problem. Since she is using Cox, does she need to contact them for help?
    She doesn't use e-mail much and this is something new to her. She has ordered the KF Guide, but until then, she would like to use hotmail. She did receive an e-mail I sent her, but I never received the one she sent back to me.
    I don't have a KF, and have never used one, so i am really ignorant on how to tell her where to find what she needs. So, if you can tell me how she gets to the "outgoing server " information, it might help.

Member #
    Thanks I ended up deleting the accounts and starting from scratch. This seems to work

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toriree View Post
    I am trying to help a friend with her new KF and she is having the same problem. Since she is using Cox, does she need to contact them for help?
    She doesn't use e-mail much and this is something new to her. She has ordered the KF Guide, but until then, she would like to use hotmail. She did receive an e-mail I sent her, but I never received the one she sent back to me.
    I don't have a KF, and have never used one, so i am really ignorant on how to tell her where to find what she needs. So, if you can tell me how she gets to the "outgoing server " information, it might help.
    I don't have Cox as an isp so I can't be very much help. But the problem with sending email appears to be that the outgoing email server information is garbled when the account is set up. Don't recall much of the details but I think you can find the information on the web with some imaginative searching. If you aren't successful, post a follow up here and I'll try to find the info I saw.

Member #
    The solution to the Cox email problem is as follows:
    In you outgoing server settings check the "requires sign in" button.
    under authentication type choose "login"
    then enter your correct User name and password.

Also under "composition defaults " make sure your email address is filled out completely.

That should solve your problems.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links