Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How to Change Your Wallpaper; How is Your Wallpaper Displayed?

This is a discussion on How to Change Your Wallpaper; How is Your Wallpaper Displayed? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Graphics forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Extras category; Hey everyone, So a few days ago I posted a tutorial on my site that gives step-by-step instructions on how to change the wallpaper on ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovemyfire

Thread: How to Change Your Wallpaper; How is Your Wallpaper Displayed?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

How to Change Your Wallpaper; How is Your Wallpaper Displayed?

Hey everyone,

So a few days ago I posted a tutorial on my site that gives step-by-step instructions on how to change the wallpaper on your Kindle Fire so you can use your own pictures. When we tested it, my hubby and I discovered that his tablet's background displays more of the wallpaper's picture than mine does. Mine zooms in on the picture. Here's an example:
    background12-150x230.jpgkindle-fire-start-screen-150x230.jpg

Anyone else seen this or know why there's a difference? I poked around but am unable to figure out what would cause this, other than it being a default setting with each of our Fires.

My husband's Kindle is newer (month old) and mine is older (last December). My sister-in-law has a newer Fire (only 6 weeks old) that also displays the picture like my husband's does. From what I can see, I think the difference might be due to when each device was sold.

What about all of you? Does yours zoom in on the picture or display more of it? When did you buy your Kindle Fire?

Thanks!
    -Rachel

P.S. Can I post pictures in this forum or is that against rules? I searched through the FAQ/Guidelines and didn't find anything. So I'm adding some pics that show what I'm talking about to this thread. If that's not okay please let me know.

Member #
    I just turned mine on after reading your post and happened to have the same wallpaper up. I t was like your husbands. I bought mine when they first came out. November 2011.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Check the firmware on both and see if they are the same. Mine zoomed when my firmware updated to 6.2 and I'm on 6.3 now and it stayed zoomed, which I do not prefer

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks Mark and mountainbikermark (is there a shorter handle I can use, like mbm? LOL). Hm... interesting. The firmware on both of our Fires is the same at 6.3.1. Maybe that's what happened, mine updated, zoomed in, and never went back after the latest update.

I wonder if I reset to factory defaults if it would fix the zoom issue. Anyone know? I really don't want to restore. What all would I lose and need to redo if I did that?

Thanks!
    -Rachel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemyfire View Post
    Thanks Mark and mountainbikermark (is there a shorter handle I can use, like mbm? LOL). Hm... interesting. The firmware on both of our Fires is the same at 6.3.1. Maybe that's what happened, mine updated, zoomed in, and never went back after the latest update.

I wonder if I reset to factory defaults if it would fix the zoom issue. Anyone know? I really don't want to restore. What all would I lose and need to redo if I did that?

Thanks!
    -Rachel
    Call me what you want. mbm is the most popular name I get on forums.
    Since this is a family friendly forum i won't say what my wife calls me
    I was already using an app I got from 1mobile called rotating wallpaper for custom wallpapers. That may help ease the frustration to use photos from your gallery for wallpaper. If you get it and need help post back. It's not the most straight forward app to use but is well worth the effort

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 06-27-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    mbm it is! Yes, I'm using the rotating wallpaper and typed up a whole tutorial on my website about how to use it, resize photos etc, and love how my personal photos look on my Kindle Fire. Here's one of my hubby and I from our wedding.
    custom-kindle-fire-wallpaper-wedding-p-150x230.jpg

I don't "mind" the stock images on the Kindle Fire but it really is ridiculous that they don't allow users to customize the images that are displayed. Oh well, at least there's a work around.

-Rachel
    (LoveMyFire)
    liljohn likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemyfire View Post
    mbm it is! Yes, I'm using the rotating wallpaper and typed up a whole tutorial on my website about how to use it, resize photos etc, and love how my personal photos look on my Kindle Fire. Here's one of my hubby and I from our wedding.
    custom-kindle-fire-wallpaper-wedding-p-150x230.jpg

I don't "mind" the stock images on the Kindle Fire but it really is ridiculous that they don't allow users to customize the images that are displayed. Oh well, at least there's a work around.

-Rachel
    (LoveMyFire)
    Just think of it this way. All Android devices have some sort of user interface over top of the os, whether it be by Google or the device manufacturer. Amazon took their UI to the extreme of what Android can and can't do and how it does or doesn't do, just like Apple controls the ui to the max of ios devices. You can root the Fire and open a new world of options, like Android market capable, etc but just like Apple, it still isn't as "open" as a rooted Android tablet or phone. Just like Apple, Amazon went in a direction they felt would be most user friendly while maintaining their walled garden for potential profits from add ons. Apple has actually now started allowing the Amazon cloud player on their devices, a huge change for them.
    I see the Fire 2 either being much more open or a sales failure, especially with the Google Nexus tablet coming in at the same price as the Fire 1 for the 8gb version. Amazon will have to change their mindset a bit to beat the Nexus imo
    Support Our Troops!!!
    <><

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks, mbm! That makes sense.
    -Rachel

Member #
    I thought it was a hard one to implement and thanks for sharing the method.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links