Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Streaming stuff from phone

This is a discussion on Streaming stuff from phone within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi I was going tu buy Kindle Fire, but then I discovered that it has no Bluetooth. I was kind of sad about this, cos ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By mountainbikermark
  • 1 Post By jsh1120
  • 1 Post By strollin
  • 2 Post By grvthang

Thread: Streaming stuff from phone

Member #

Unhappy Streaming stuff from phone

Hi I was going tu buy Kindle Fire, but then I discovered that it has no Bluetooth. I was kind of sad about this, cos I hoped to send stuff like paperwork, or books from my phone (Samsung Wave S-8500) directly to kindle, without need to conect it to PC every time I want to do so. It would also solve limited storage capacity of the device, bacause I could carry all the things I need on my 32 GB card in my phone. So I wanted to ask if there was any way of streaming these things instantly trought Wi-fi somehow...you know, some bluetoothlike effect. It is quite important to me, so IŽd be very greatfull if someone tried this and let me know. thanks

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Might I suggest you check out Dropbox?
    You could upload your stuff from your phone then download to your Fire. It's a very nice app and easy to use

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mark is right. Dropbox (or other services such as SugarSync) has emerged as a kind of de facto standard for accomplishing what you're trying to do. Like the Amazon Cloud Dropbox provides "cloud" storage for two gigabytes of data free of charge. Beyond that, the cost is $10 per month for up to 50 gigs. And since your phone (probably), your computer(s), and the KF can all run the simple Dropbox app, they all have access to the same data regardless of where you create it.
    soader.keller likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Another possibility is the Kingston Wi-Drive which is a wi-fi enabled flash drive that comes in 16, 32 & 64G sizes. You can stream to the Kindle Fire and 2 other devices at the same time. I have a 16G model I use with my KF and it's pretty slick.
    Last edited by strollin; 02-12-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    soader.keller likes this.

Member #
    thanks man, thats the best idea so far and thank you others too I was actualy thinking of using dropbox, and it would be working possibility, but it seems too slow to me,uploading and downloading stuff all the time...I was realy thinking of something instant like blootooth, you know, for example to take a shot on my phone and then view it on the larger Kindle display, with no need of the middleman. The biggest issue is, that I dont have a constant access to the internet...I am actualy from Czech Republic and we are still living in middle ages here, so unles Iam home or at school, catching some free wi-fi site can get preety dificult

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    You can also transfer directly from your phone to your fire using Frostwire or WiFi File Explorer. Frostwire can use your phone's 3g, while WiFi File Explorer will let you transfer directly between devices without having to upload and then download, as you would need to do with dropbox or box.net.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    soader.keller and wuxiao0715 like this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links