Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

95,000 in one day

This is a discussion on 95,000 in one day within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; That's a great number for a pre-sale this far in advance of actual deliveries......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 95,000 in one day

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    That's a great number for a pre-sale this far in advance of actual deliveries...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDroid View Post
    That's a great number for a pre-sale this far in advance of actual deliveries...
    So true. Once some non-buyers get a touch of one, it will be exponential.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I'm not able to pre-order one and it's killing me. Hopefully I'll be able to get one, once it's released, before NEXT Christmas or it'll be a sad day...

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    if pre-orders aren't available, it means they've pre-sold all they believe they can produce before release date. Anyone who CAN order one now will get ship dates farther and farther down the road.

I'd love to know what their number are right now. I hope it is a perfect device that give everyone a pleasant feeling when they open the box. Still, I have a nagging feeling that this will be a typical 1st gen product. By that I mean it'll have shortcomings that incline us to jump on the Kindle Fire-2 for how much superior it is compared to the first one. Time will tell, I guess.
    Last edited by 4DThinker; 10-15-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    These days that'll happen even if the first gen product is near perfect. Tech is moving so fast.
    alphawave7 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jblalock77 View Post
    Tech is moving so fast.
    That's for sure. Now it'll be interesting to see how fast $199 tech moves compared to $499 tech. Apple seems to be coasting on the iPad2 perhaps because there is not much more that can do to improve it other than upgrading the OS. I'll be impressed if there is a firmware update to the Fire within one year of it's release.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jblalock77 View Post
    These days that'll happen even if the first gen product is near perfect. Tech is moving so fast.
    I'm not sure that the KF will ever need the "tech boost" that has prompted the push to next-gen OS or feature embellishment. In my view, the KF is a toaster oven-type product. I don't think it will ever be what you would want to "cook" with but it will be hard to imagine ever living without one.

If you want to talk about the next-gen, I think we will be talking about a free device. IE next-gen pricing.
    Last edited by cale_kat; 10-16-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links