Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What about my photos

This is a discussion on What about my photos within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I have not seen any mention about how the Fire will handle loading photos or displaying them. Will it require an ap?...

Member #

Question What about my photos

I have not seen any mention about how the Fire will handle loading photos or displaying them. Will it require an ap?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Haven't seen anything specific yet, but I'd bet they'll include some sort of gallery app.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    On most android tablets the Gallery app is used for both photos and videos. Google only added a seperate video app when it started renting/selling videos. I don't doubt you'll be able to side-load them, but remember it is an 8gb device with 6gb or less available. Even Apple has realized photos come in 14mp and larger sizes these days, and that people get angry if a device shrinks them when transferred over. As such their cloud service has limits on the number of photos it will store for people.

DrivetheGreen66
    I'm sure there will be some type of gallery app.

Member #
    There is a Gallery app in Kindle fire. You can use a USB to transfer photos there. For my case, I use email since I don't have a USB. I sent the email with photo attached to myself and kept it in the sent folder. So the email with such large attachment won't actually get sent. I access my email account from Web and download the photo from the sent folder. I don't even have to wait for the email to arrive because it's already in my sent folder the time I sent it. I deleted my email right away so it won't take up too much room in my email server.

The problem with Gallery is you don't get to create folders so that you can manage your photos. I downloaded a free app called File Manager and it allows me to manage the photos in different folders. In addition, I can rename the photo file names. One thing to remember, after you make some changes in File Manager, it may take a few minutes to be reflected in Gallery. So a little bit of patience is needed. The photos are stored in your device (you don't have the option to store it in the Cloud). so you can access them without wi-fi. However it doesn't take a lot of memory in the Kindle to store a reasonable number of photos (may be a hundred but not a thousand). I only store photos that I want to show to my friends.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Gallery Lock a free app works very well from Amazon market.....can purchase "pro model " also but free works just fine

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links