Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What's It Mean ??

This is a discussion on What's It Mean ?? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; What does the sometimes changing, single digit mean found at the top left corner of the KF display - just to the right of the ...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

What's It Mean ??

What does the sometimes changing, single digit mean found at the top left corner of the KF display - just to the right of the 'username kindle' heading? And, what is it useful for?? Thx...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's there to let you know that you have notifications such as updates for apps and what not.

If you touch the number it will take you to a screen where you can view the notifications and take the desired actions. There is a clear all button present as well.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hmm, looks like I have 2 apps running and some music playing, all of which I know about so I'm not sure yet what that actually does for me?! Thx for helping! :-)

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    It covers just about everything going on with your Fire including new emails..apps that can be updated..new downloads all notifications..etc etc....you can clear it easy enough but it basically tells you know what is happening on your Fire on a daily basis

Member #
    Kindle fire hd 8.9... I touch the number and nothing happens. The screen sort of blinks and that is all that happens. No screen and no reset button. Any suggestions??

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    The HD you have to kind of swipe down to view the notifications. the original you just tap the number. Give it a swipe and you should be OK. I have both and the OS is a little different on them. Not alot; but a little.fdalbor

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links