Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How To Connect To TV

This is a discussion on How To Connect To TV within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; When I got my 7th gen 7 inch fire I consulted the internet about casting to a TV and the internet said NO only possible ...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

How To Connect To TV

When I got my 7th gen 7 inch fire I consulted the internet about casting to a TV and the internet said NO only possible on 5th gen and earlier. Not believing the internet I set about seeing if it is possible and it most certainly is, with a few complications

They will cast to a fire stick, down load a casting app, then use the share function on what ever streaming software you are using, it should give you the option to share with the casting app and there you go. You should be able to do this with saved data using Es file manager, but I haven't tried it as I don't own a fire stick( my friend does and I set hers up to cast showbox and Amazon streams)

They will also cast with a Chromecast, which I do own, though Chromecast are temperamental and you sometimes need multiple attempts , using the share function as above or saved content using Es file manager. To set up chrome cast you either need to install google play etc or set it up with an android device and then give permission to allow the fire to conect.

If there is no share function, then you can cast using a browser add on, haven't done this, but chrome has an add on for this purpose.
    If you have google home installed you can mirror cast the the whole screen, definetly to a chrome cast and probably to a fire stick. Though the picture quality is awful.I just use it to send music through the TV.

I can see no reason why you can't cast to any android TV box if you mess about, but not tried it myself as I don't have one.

I did briefly try to cast using a HDMI cable, but that was in the shop , and I bought the chrome cast instead. But as you can use the USB to send data to a computer, I can see no reason why you can't do so to connect to a TV, with the correct app installed
    Last edited by jobo; 03-27-2018 at 08:07 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links