Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How To Speed Up Your Fire!

This is a discussion on How To Speed Up Your Fire! within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; When my friend's and family arrive with a mobile device for me to sort out, complaining about slow running and lousy internet browsing is. Then ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jobo

Thread: How To Speed Up Your Fire!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

How To Speed Up Your Fire!

When my friend's and family arrive with a mobile device for me to sort out, complaining about slow running and lousy internet browsing is. Then 8times out of ten its the SD card or rather how they choose to use it.

SD cards come in a number of standard's, those standard's relate to how fast it can transfers data. Every one it seems buys the largest card at the cheapest Price and as a result get the slowest card possible. You can work round that, if it's just data they save, you just need to wait for your film or music to start, but they then lump as many apps on it as possible. And then they don't work well at all. Particularly things you interact with a lot like internet browsers.

Even with the fastest of cards, they won't be as fast as the flash memory on your device. And there is no logical reason for putting them on the SD card in the first place, unless they are huge and most are only a few mb.

To sort it, I simply turn off save apps to Sdcard and put them all back to the device memory. The difference to how they work is little short of astounding.

If you fire is running like an old dog, try it,, you may well find it helps considerably
    Last edited by jobo; 03-26-2018 at 08:18 AM.
    Darkfeather72 likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links